48x24x60 grow tent

I am completely new and have done tons of research, but I am stumped on light choice. I purchased a 48x24x60 grow tent. I’m pretty sure I want LED but I am not sure which one?!?! 600w? 1200w? Which is better for this size tent? How many pots should I put in here as to not over crowd plants? How many plants is good for this area?

4 Likes

Tag @dbrn32, He will get you straight on the lights and which ones will work for your grow area. The HLG are a little expensive but, well worth the extra money, to be satisfied

2 Likes

Ok so you are in 8 square feet of space correct? So ideally you want around 50 true watts per square foot with less, depending on the LEDs. So I would aim for around a 400 true watt led. I hear if you use quantum led boards you don’t have to use as much watt per square foot, but I could be wrong.

How do I tag him?

1 Like

Profile - dbrn32 - I Love Growing Marijuana Forum help!

1 Like

You simply type anyone that you want tag like this @dbrn32 and it will notify them that you are trying to get a hold of them

3 Likes

@dbrn32 hello could you help?

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Anytime, welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas to you and yours

5 Likes

@CoyoteCody, is correct about the norm being 50 true watts per square foot. Do yourself a favor, please and don’t fall for the cheap LED’s on the internet, as most of us have

4 Likes

I did lol, thank god I was only $70 in before I wasted anymore money, I will be trying out a cheaper light next year that uses the same LEDs as hlg boards.i will let you guys know how it does.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/BAVAGREEN-Dimmable-Meanwell-Driver-Spectrum/dp/B07XQ87NC6/ref=asc_df_B07XQ779ZV/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=385169514948&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17578041541315994561&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030673&hvtargid=pla-835101408950&psc=1&ref=&adgrpid=80078690138&th=1

Qb type boards are more like 35 watts per sq ft.

HLG makes some good stuff, dbrn32 can help with them
I myself self use the same size tent. I use 2 marshyrdo ts1000’s. I have to keep them turned down. Atm I am growing 3 ladies in there. I know it will get a little tight but the tent can handle 3 if you train right.

2 Likes

Out of likes but I couldn’t remember the wattage per sqft with QBs, thanks I will write this down.

1 Like

Welcome to the ILGM FORUM. As far as lights goes you should definitely avoid Amazon blurples. The cheap Chinese LEDs will grow marijuana, but will not yield nice dense flowers. As for how many plants you grow it will depend on what you are looking for. Are you growing Sativas or Indicas, Sativa tends to to grow taller while Indicas tend to be bushier. With a 5 foot tent, after you hang light you are not going to have a lot of vertical space. You definitely should start looking at how to do LST methods. You will be able to grow 2 plants in that space again it will depend on what your goals are.

1 Like

Great advice here. :point_up:

1 Like

Thank you! I am going to grow white widow

Oh and I forgot. giphy (1)

3 Likes

Are they autos or photos.

They are autos