48 hrs of darkness

Yeah I can’t wait to finally chop this GSC and jar her up. Gorilla Glue going in right after and then Bruce Banner after that

Well I don’t do the darkness thing and many people grow outside so of course they don’t do the darkness thing and weed is fire so… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I always give my plant two days of darkness before harvesting the plant will produce more trichomes cause every time ive done it my plant got alot more frosty i think its more personal preference but it does make a difference

Just an update, I trimmed off a few leave, and it didn’t look like she is ready for harvest yet. I’ll still snap a before and after pic. Just started see alot more white pistols. Then when I put a scope on the trichomes it was mainly a mixture of cloudy and clear hardly any Amber’s. Here’s a close up for the main cola and a few of the lower flowers.

Any thoughts from anyone on when to set her in the dark?

3 Likes

Looks close, most trichs seem cloudy so could do it soon or go another week or so if you want some couch-lock.

1 Like

I love those colors. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

@Autofreak the purple showing thru is something I’ve always been a sucker for. I’ve wasted so much money on shitty purple weed :joy: urs is looking great my friend. I’m hoping the cold air I let into the tent everyday gives my GSC a little purp

2 Likes

Yeah, did the final flush this morning. Plan to place it into darkness friday

2 Likes

You can also try flushing with ice cold water. That’ll help bring out any colors

2 Likes

Going 2 weeks water only before harvest helps bring out the colors as well

3 Likes

She is sweet looking. What is she?

1 Like

Thanks, that is a ILGM Blue Dream, a keeper pheno that I keep around with cloning.

1 Like

@Autofreak really?! Will definitely be trying this tomorrow when I water her

Just put them in 10 pm Friday night. Here’s 3 pics. I’ll pull her out Monday morning at 10 am.
That’ll be 60 hrs total of darkness.

Monday I’ll post the same 3 and you can be the judge if it was worth it. Have a Great weekend😎

2 Likes

OK my friends. Here are the same flowers after 60 hrs in the dark at a temp of around 68° f. I’ll let you guys be the judge, but I honestly don’t see that much of a difference.

2 Likes

Being my big bag seed is about ready, but mango is not, in curious about skipping 48hrs dark. My 2x4 is down and packed, so don’t have that option. Can take elsewhere in house if I had to. Also, if she’s ready for water, should I water again prior to 48 dark, if I go that route?

No biggie, I’d skip it and just chop after the usual night period.

But if doing so (could stick it in a closet or something), I like my plants pots to go into the 48 hours of darkness pretty dry these days as plants don’t uptake water at night so no point watering before that, just drives up humidity which is best avoided so close to the finish line.

Generally I stop watering a day or 2 before chopping or putting them into the 48 hours of dark, I want dry pots at chop time.

2 Likes

I had to rig up a box to put my girls in the dark. No water about 3 to 4 days before putting them in. I went 60 hrs, you can tell by the pic there’s not much difference.

2 Likes

I have places to put her, was just curious as to how critical it really was. Was easy before, with both plants grown as one run/grow. Both were ready, just shut the lights down in tent. Here now, 2 in tent, one ready, and my second empty tent, is packed away. Selling house, soon to start showing, so im easing into a brief shutdown unfortunately. Brief is the key word here!

Yeah not critical at all, I do it on clone runs because they all finish at the same time but rarely do it on seed runs - I just take them as they become ready.