48 Hour Dark Time - Suggestions?

My first plant is ready for harvest, and its dark cycle began this morning at 7. Its sitting in a dark room now with 7 other plants that are well into flowering, but many weeks away from harvest. I’m looking for suggestions on how to put the Emperor into dark time. Do I isolate her, put her in a vented box, put a garbage bag, perforated over her? Read in one of the forum comments that someone suggested putting the whole Flowering Room into darkness for 48 hrs, but I’m not sure that would be good for the other 7 plants currently in flowering? I do not have grow tents, I have grow rooms, but now I’m thinking a small grow tent would have been a good choice for a situation like this.

No, do not put your other seven plants into darkness, they can hermie on you. If you really want to put this one plant into dark, then take it out of the tent, or maybe put a brown bag over her.

Thanks. I found a space in a spare room, setup some ventilation and a oil filled space heater to regulate heat, and a small dehumidifier. Should get through this ok. Smell may be an issue but I closed off the cold air return in that room so the smell should stay within. Thanks for the paper bag idea, makes more sense then plastic. I also checked out Home Depot online, they have Wardrobe boxes, think I’ll pick one up for situations like this with just or two plants. Cheers

FYI: the reason we want to finish the plants is to allow nutrient transport into the roots which is what happens during a normal “night”. If you follow a flush and used good quality ingredients it’s not necessary to do 48 hours of darkness. It’s more important to cut down the plant before it’s exposed to the light which starts nutrient transport again. If it causes you to upset your life style or cause undue expense I would not bother with extended darkness.

Thanks, I’ll give it some thought, maybe forego the 48 hrs of darkness. I did a flush two weeks ago, no nutrients for 3 weeks now, leaves have been yellow for a while, so the plant must be extracting what it needs from within. Also flushed again last week, chewed the leaf stem, no bitterness, a bit watery, so I think the nutrients are gone.

There is nothing even to think about, it is definitely impossible to place the other 7 plants in total darkness as much as 48 hours! In the end, you just make them worse because of one plant! Are you ready to sacrifice them for the sake of one plant? - I think no. Try to solve your problem in other ways.

I think yes, the nutrients out of the plant.

Zakar chill out… total darkness for 48 hrs for non harvest ready plants was misinformation I’d read and it has been dispelled. The plan was to move the single harvest ready plant to the spare room, and leave the other 7 where they are in flowering… I decided not to bother with that on good advice from others to prevent hermaphrodites and really why bother for the sake of one plant. peace out

Then there is a completely different question. Rather then there are no questions, transfer. Can you take a photo of your plants? And show this culprit, for the sake of which you did not kill the rest of your 7 plants. :joy::joy::joy: