40 day old Autos week 2 of flowering

@blackthumbbetty @basementstealth @Familyman @GreenJewels @Hogmaster @Okie70 @Myfriendis410 @MattyBear @Viktor7

Okay so Northern Light Big Bud Auto an Sweet cream.
DWC
Nutrients: Foxfarm, also use calmag and kelp tea
Room temperature 77
Rh 57%
Nutrient temperatures 65-68 degrees
Ph 5.5 - 5.9
PPM 580 - 900

The leaves on the sweat cream are yellowing and the new growth on top looks pale.
She drinks a lot of nutes ,every two days I have to top her off with ph’d water. Should I be feeding her more than every seven days in order to keep the proper amount of nutrients in the water?
Could I be starving her? 20190209_182441|374x500
Thanks

3 Likes

I believe fox farms is a feed feed water routine. Definetly not enough nutes.

1 Like

@Familyman yes they are .
I pretty much have flushed plus some by next feed . Should I start feeding every five days?

1 Like

DWC? What do the roots look like and what is your reservoir size? What in particular is the reservoir temp?

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410
Deep water culture
Roots are white and long
Reservoir temperature 65 reservoir 2 gallons

2 Likes

Good. Reservoir size will be something to work with. My understanding is under 5 gallons or so the problem is chasing the PH and nutrient load; particularly in flower.

Are you running anything like Hydroguard? Do you use peroxide? How often do you change reservoirs?

Temperature is good! I see by your range of PPM that it’s probably fluctuating a bit. That goes back to the reservoir size.

You are kind of chasing a moving target with the TDS which makes it a bit more difficult to adjust. The one plant does look like it could use more but new growth is lighter in color too. I would keep an eye on it and watch out for any other signs of a problem.

Pretty plant!

3 Likes

@myfriends410
My grow box is small 4ft tall , 16 inches wide and 9 inches deep , hence the small buckets.

Would you suggest feeding her every five days verses every seven days?

Thank you

2 Likes

You are trying to maintain a stable nutrient bath at a stable PH and temperature. So I would be checking daily and adjusting as necessary with a nutrient change no longer than two weeks in veg. Probably more frequently with the smaller reservoir capacity you have currently. Keep good numbers and stay between 600 and 800 PPM and you should be okay.

2 Likes

@myfriends410
Thank you I really hate to get this far and lose her.

Grow on .

2 Likes

If i had to guess they’re drinking and taking nutes. When you top off with water its reducing your ppm, and that’s why they look hungry. Keep an eye on those ppm readings and ph like myfriendis410 said and you should be in pretty good shape.

3 Likes

@dbrn32
Thank you

2 Likes

Question, I mix my own soil and I like to have enough nutes to carry it through the veg stage. I use big Bud for the flowering stage, do I use every watering or schedule it

2 Likes

I think the schedule calls for every other watering.

2 Likes

I think maybe your trying to hard ive been doing autos for 8 months to try them and am very pleased, very little nutes if any and only 12 12 from seed almost to easy

2 Likes

33days old

3 Likes

My last grow was gg 4

2 Likes