4 weeks later - Should I Add Fertilizer

I started a few seeds outdoors at the beginning of April (about 4 weeks ago), here is a photo. My question is should I start using a fertilizer and if so, what are some options? I have a bit of Fox Farm Tiger Bloom and Miracle grow granular. I prefer not to spend any additional money if possible. My goal is to produce finished product for less than $5/oz.

2 Likes

They look happy and strong. The current stuff u have will run out and u will need other stuff w supplement it. If you couod get jacks 321 it will be your best friend 4 real u can use it from seedling to harvest

5 Likes

Also, Jack’s 321 is priced pretty reasonable. Lasts a long time depending on sizes you get. The Epson salt u can get at the drug store. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I got Jacks A & B and Epson salt 6 pound kit for 28.00 on e-bay.

4 Likes

Same here. Hard to beat Jacks.

5 Likes

Haha i barely used any of my 7lb kit love it

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up with Jack’s. I will certainly look into it. At first glance it seems to be for hydroponics. Can it also be used for growing in soil. The main question with my original post is when should I start to use fertilizer? Is now the good or should I wait a bit?

3 Likes

Need to know the current PPMs of the soil before going in with more nutrients :love_you_gesture:

Love Jacks !! Keep it simple !!
Check runoff before adding anything.
Measure everything you add.
Write it down. We forget. Quick.

1 Like

Yes, all hydroponics fertilizers can also be used in soil. Some soil amendments cant really be used it hydroponics though.
But anything that says hydro works with soil as well…

1 Like

Yes its great with any medium. I use coast of maine bar Harbor blend soil, usually i dont have to feed it for 4 weeks. But like it stated above you can skip all the guess work by doing a soil slur test and checking for ppm. I personally used to start feeding at week 4 at full strength

1 Like

Jacks or peters soluble. I dont recommend MG because there is something in it that makes weed harsh, even if you flush your plants. I would start using the fertilizer right away. Maybe start half dose first few weeks then go by how your plant looks. Youll get the hang of it. But yeah definitely start feeding your plants right away…