4 week check in - need to add?

Man I got a lot of questions - I took one more of the side stem - looks a little split, and brown. If you say all good, I’ll believe you!

1 Like

Imo it’s good. Had a accident training mine.

I put a little bit of honey on it and let heal

3 Likes

But if Docnrag says different go with his word please. He seems to be quite the guru

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words :slight_smile:

2 Likes

She will be ok. Ive had branches break off except for a small strip lash em back to the main and they heal right up. Its similar to what is happening during plant grafting

4 Likes

Very interesting!

Amazing how many questions come up when it’s new, but here’s another.

I’m headed out around 1 pm tomorrow. Not getting back until about 3 pm on Sunday. I know getting less than 12 hours of dark can send plant back to veg….

My options are limited though:

Keep her in dark the whole time (26 hours), take out for a few hours, put back under Sunday night for the normal 12. OR

Put her in the dark from 1 pm until the next morning, at which point my wife could at least open the front of my tent even if she doesn’t bring the plant to direct sun.

As I type that, that seems like the better option.

Will 1 pm- 8am in dark cause any issues? (19 hours)

2 Likes

@OGIncognito you do any photos? Maybe answer that better then I. Way back in the day I knew a guy who would throw his plant into full dark for 3 days then 12 and 12 to initatiate flower. So because of that I think you would be ok i fact maybe bennifit from the prolonged dark since you are trying to kick off the flowering stage. This 2as a long time ago though so a few more opinikns wouldnt hurt. @Spiney_norman you got any photo experience? @Covertgrower for sure will know.

Thats the truth! And also why I answer as many as I can. Keep em comin growmie!

4 Likes

Many photo growers do a 48 hr dark then 12/12 to kickstart flowering. I have not tried it but im sure its ok to do.
The plant will have to be mature enough to actually flower. It wont work on a 2 week old plant because its not ready to to flower no matter what the light schedule is.

2 Likes

Thanks Spiney! It’s been in 12/12 for a week - starting to show the very first signs of flowering, barely.

1 Like

Thats about right. Its usually 10 plus days before you see flowers.

1 Like

When it’s time to flower I just switch them. Some strains take a little longer to transition, but by week 2 it should be fully flowering.

4 Likes

This thread is great. 71 posts! I appreciate you all.

So - my mind is always turning on this. It seems clear you need 12 hours dark for that flower switch to flip. But is it possible for plants to flower before 12? I have 2 smaller plants from a neighbor, and threw them in pots for fun not even really knowing what strain they are. One of them seems to have the start of flowering, yet we are a good month from 12/12 (I grow outdoors). Part of me thinks the plants would be “smart enough” to go into flower before 12/12 in areas like mine (Maine). Otherwise, they are flowering into possibly December. Thoughts, or is it really as simple as “12” with no regard for where the plant is growing?

1 Like

Pre-flower and flowering can start to show with 13-14 hours or less but as mentioned sexual maturity is key :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@Docnraq @DarhkGrows @OGIncognito Just confirming this is WPM and then checking what to do - milk spray? Fungicide? Can it wait till tomorrow?

2 Likes

A little peroxide diluted in water will work :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Sweet, thanks all, will do later today!

1 Like

@Docnraq @ShockDog @OGIncognito @DarhkGrows Hey all! Things seem good. Plant is starting to flower and I’m thinking about nutrients. So much info out there, and I don’t want to just buy up everything I read about - would like to keep it simple and effective. I have the fox farm trio - are there any other other musts over the next few weeks? Thanks, as always!

4 Likes

Are you in the same soil that you started in? If so, it is probably depleted by now and could def use some nutes, especially headed into flower.
For my Fox Farm nutes and in a five gallon container I would water two gallons at a time. The first gallon would just be ph’d water to 6.8. Then, the NEXT gallon would contain the nutes. At this point in the grow I would have 1 tsp Cal Mag, 1 tsp Grow Big, 2 tsp Tiger Bloom and 1/2 tablespoon Big Bloom. And then Ph.
That is my recipe for success. Other people may chime in differently but that has been a successful method for me thus far.
You want your PPMs at roughly 1000 in your runoff.
I have found that that combo of nutes in a one gallon jug (depending on the ppms of your water to begin with) is about 1600 ppms (my water is a little high in content so yours may vary).

3 Likes

If you want you can get the FF soluble pk boosters But the trio, some calmag if your in RO or Distilled, maybe some silica blast…

This is my medicines pantry :slight_smile: if your planning on growing from now on, get gallons instead of quarts. Its much cheaper.

4 Likes