4" or 6" exhust fan?

Have a 2x4x5 tent using a 4" now with plenty of neg pressure but it’s just to nosey. Want to upgrade yo the AC Infinity but should do a 4 or 6 inch. Any advantages to going to the 6"?

I own both. I really like the 6" as it moves twice as much air (402 CFM vs. 205 CFM.) I have a 2x4x7 with a 4" in it and have been thinking about putting a 6" in it. The 4" just isn’t getting it.

1 Like

I went 6" for my 5 x 3 1/2 but I wouldn’t have got 4" for anything less anywho. Fresh air is a must and your probably gonna upgrade soon whether -;lights, de/humidifier, room any of those give more btu’s…silly to get 4" for anything under a closet and then I betbya even upgrade… LoL

1 Like

More headroom (airflow) is better to have more than not enough…up size and you’ll have a much larger range if needed and will work if you get a bigger tent up to a point. I think they come with the ability to dial it up or down. I use my first and only 4” inline for pulling air into the tent at certain times of the year so it doesn’t just sit on the shelf…but does.

2 Likes

Oh ya man totally forgot that most 6" (& the one you WILL buy) are controlled so you can turn your 6" into a 4"'s equivalent exhaust.

2 Likes

I vote 6 inch You will have a bigger filter. Plus you can run it at a lower speed should be quieter.

2 Likes

What’s the deal between the “s” series and the “t” series and what advantages between them?

1 Like

The T series comes with a programmable controller. The S series just has a small controller to turn up the fan speed

3 Likes

S series have a potentiometer to manually adjust power level. T series have the digital controller. So it will automatically adjust to whatever temp/humidity you have it set to.

Edit: the sick one beat me to it.

T series controller

4 Likes

Sorry lol stealing your thunder

1 Like

“Setting for humidity and temp automatically” as I’m not messing with humidity or temp is this a value? I’m in fla. Humidity is always about 50% ×/- temp about 78/82 with light on. No plans to use humidifier.

You have got to be north FLA. 50% …it’s usually 99% down south LoL. It’s 65% right now on a gorgeous day. Well warm for 1st week of spring I guess @ 85… I’ll take it though I don’t do cold no mo… LoL

1 Like

Just be aware that the controller isn’t all that…it has great features but has limitations with work arounds…I don’t have that brand and chose another based on what I was looking for and the difference in power consumption as it runs 24/7 365. I chose the hyper fan and their optional upgraded controller

The RH reading is in my house inside the tent. Outside is a whole other matter.

1 Like

I have the S models with a simple pot. I just couldn’t see a controller trying to manage 2 parameters being too efficient.

1 Like

I dont think my grow will be that sophisticated or automated, I just need to grow one plant at a time as good as I can. The “s” would probably fix me up.

1 Like

I have the t series and use it to control my environment, meaning my fan doesn’t run constantly only comes on when temps or humidity gets to high

Only thing is you want continuous air exchange and that’s part of why i didn’t chose that model…

4 Likes

Another reason I chose the S model. I run mine 24/7 and manage temp/humidity in other ways.