4 ILGM Strain Grow Journal

I thought the Chocolope was going to be the king of the stretch, but the Blue Dream (far right in the group shot lol) has passed it up. So as far as stretch, the Purple Haze have stretched the least, followed by California Dream. The California Dream is a thick stalked heavy dense Bush. Very round. I’ve never grown an indica dominant strain, but based on descriptions it is a textbook indica. Chocolope is a tall, gangly, weird looking sucker, the ugly duckling of the group. It needed the most topping and strapping down by far. I’m really looking forward to seeing how these finish!

1 Like

@raustin or @anon95385719 or maybe both… were chocoloupe fans. How was ur phenos ladies?

2 Likes

Yes, we both love chocoloupe. It’s my latest favorite.

2 Likes

I took some measurements 3 days ago…from the top of the coco in the pot, Blue Dream is 30 1/2", Chocolope 33", Cali Dream 31 1/2 and Purple Haze is 27 1/2". That was day 17 of flower. Veg nutes (Bio-Grow) have been stopped. I have a sample bottle of Mammoth P that I am going to give them. I’ll wait another few weeks and top dress some Bat Guano. As of today, everything looks great! I took 8 clones and they all made it, and they are at their new homes. I’ve got 6 weeks or so to go, but my next ILGM strain grow will be Maui Wowie, Super Lemon Haze, Super Skunk and Trainwreck. The seeds are here and standing by lol.

1 Like

Took some in the dark shots. Day 23 of flower.

California Dream

Purple haze
Chocolope

Blue Dream

6 Likes

The stretch seems about done, measurements are:
Chocolope - 33 1/2" stretch 9 1/2"
Cali Dream - 33 1/2" stretch 9"
Blue Dream - 31 1/2" stretch 12 1/2"
Purple Haze - 27 1/2" stretch 8 1/2"
Purple Haze dwarf - 23" stretch 6"

The stretch is from 10-23 (start of 12/12) to today. I took a close shot of the Chocolope. Trichomes are looking nice!

3 Likes

Damn looking frosty! My girls havent put out a single trich

1 Like

That’s because the ganja gods hate you :rofl:

Haha cursed fickel Ganja Gods… they know i wanna snow caps in my grow room! Only snow ima get all year :joy::joy:strong text

1 Like

So, I had a few concerns with ph, possible P and K deficiency, etc. I went from feeding every third day to every other day, and cut my ppms by a third. So far they seem pretty happy. I only have my first grow to compare to, and it seems that those first 2 Blue Dream had more flowers by this time than this one. Also, this one isnt purple yet (maybe it wont be) and the buds seem small and spaced out, not filling in. I flipped to 12/12 Oct 28th, so maybe it’s still a little early for them to pack it on. Heres the Blue Dream:

The Cali Dream looks the closest, and honestly I should probably start flushing her. That being said, I’m still not satisfied with the size of the flowers. Maybe I’m wrong idk.

The absolute baddest ass looking girl is the Purple Haze. There are 2, one was a dwarf and very light green in color, but the flowers look awesome. The other is turning black and it looks gorgeous imo.

the dwarf
And Ms Chocolope

And one more of the Purple Haze
So, according to my calendar, the Cali Dream will be 56 days in around Dec 23rd, so 10 days from now. The others, 17 days from now. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions?

2 Likes

Dont rush her. If at all possible harvest by trichs. Do u have a loupe?

Also did you make any major changes between the grows? Lights? Environment? Soil? Nutes?

N im not sure 1/3 is pushing em enough. This is bulking time. Push her til she cries. That pH problem could have stopped her mid swell but no telling.

All in all that is one sexy tent. :clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5:

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 thank you! I changed up a few things, coco instead of sunshine mix #3, 7 gal pots vs 5 gal, gave them silica and roots accelerator gold, but same Bio Bizz nutes. I have a loupe, USB microscope, so I will start looking at tricks. Maybe I should bump up the food and push them, the buds seem to have stalled. The only other thing going on is a damn knat issue that I’ve been battling the whole grow. Didnt have that before.

Everything sounds like an upgrade. Especially considering the upgrade from twice a week to 3 (with coco). Im not the guy to goto here. Maybe @Myfriendis410 or @Sixpackdad could help there. Few more but im stoned.

Kinda lighting again?

Everything else really sounds golden but that trich check n the aforementioned pH possibly having horrible timing. On another note im smoking n got the hiccups. That is BS

2 Likes

Is the issue the knats?

I think he felt like somewhere he screwed his yield. Last grow musta been soil and coco was a swap he made? Just was asking bout his feed habits and ways to boost bud size.

Somewhere he mentioned going from twice weekly, to chopping feed strength and increasing the feed frequency

1 Like

Lighting is a Sun systems hood with a 1000w hortilux HPS bulb. The plants look really good, so I’m not sure that if the knats were the issue they would only affect the bud size and not the rest of the plant, but I havent dealt with pest issues before so I dont know. I bumped my ppms up to 500 last night.
Per 5 gal/20L
Bio Bloom 80ml
Cal Mag. 20ml
Top Max 60ml
Bio Heaven 60ml
Mammoth P 7.5ml
I did a Canna PK 13/14 last week when I thought I had some deficiencies. It says use once, or one week. I’ve thought about hitting them with it again but I dont know if that will have negative results.

Temps are 63°F lights off, 73°F lights on. my ppms on this grow have been lower than the first, and having 4 different strains at once is something I’ll rethink on my next grow. Maybe keep it 2 strains. Two strains dont like N as much as the others.

1 Like

Personally I would get a handle on the gnats. They rob the plant of vital nutrients when it needs it most and can actually stall or even kill the plant.

I use a combination of things. If they are in your soil, reduce your watering rate. If on the plants then a spray down using 50/50 distilled water and 3% peroxide. Pay attention to the undersides of the leaves and if you have a dehumidifier, use it to remove excess moisture. Leave the peroxide mix on for at least 72 hours and apply Captain Jack’s Dead Bug (this is a bacteria lethal to all kinds of pests but benign to humans). It takes about 5 days to work at which point you repeat.

If they are in the soil then a full strength mix of peroxide poured through your media will take care of them. Follow up with a dose of Mykos.

FYI: plants have a point where they “stall” in flower; it’s pretty common. Giving nutes later in flower can be problematic as too much P K can stall the plants. Also; in media a deficiency can look like an excess and vice versa.

I would say that 500 ppm is low for flower IMO. I don’t pound my plants with nutes but try to run around 900 ppm in veg and 1,200 or so in flower, coming down toward the end.

2 Likes

Thank you for that info, I will tackle those knats and bump up the feed a bit!

Thanks for the tips MyFriend. I may run that peroxide tip. I have knats that keep coming back after a couple feeds. Worse thing about the fish emul… practically breeds the lil bishes… how strong is full strength? (Peroxide bath for soil)

@MickyS That 500 is a low. Have u been checking your runoffs as well?

2 Likes

@MickyS gave a good tip. You might see what your runoff looks like.

@PurpNGold74 straight 3% peroxide in soil.

2 Likes