4-5 Week Old White Widow Auto died unexpectedly 4 or 5 weeks in

Thank you so much, you are a life saver , i was worried. I lost it dude to i think root rot , i was flowering very low . Now when i water i get a 1’’ or 1-1/2 run off. My stems were so loose it could come right out it seemed. I took my and and pressed down to make the dirt firm and i heard a little pop next hour it was dead. I used all three Fox farms 2 days ago i might water with molasses today or tomorrow . I saw people use the tape to pul the branches down so i got some. I shouldn’t do that?

1 Like

For me, the pulling down and training in general is a means to an end. The idea is to create the shape and most importantly canopy that you are looking for. So you tie down, bend, remove, whatever your doing in an effort to shape the plant for flower. At that point you let her stretch and flower. You can do some minor tinkering during this stretch but you ideally would want your ducks in a row before she flowers. Imho.

I would leave the leaves alone until she’s done stretching vertically, which she will do at a rapid clip for the first 1-3 weeks of flower. At that point I remove a lot of them. With autos though it’s generally advised that you take it easy on them. I would strategically remove a few that are blocking key / several budsites at a time. With some time interval between…couple days maybe.

1 Like

Your input is golden. Is there a certain way to clip the fan leaves that are blocking many? I will take the one piece of tape off. I watched a lot of youtube videos and this one guy used it. He had holes around the pot , he placed zip ties in to have a circle, then he used the tape to tie down all the branches that make the colas i think they are called. I am for ever grateful for the help. If there was a way to tip you, i would.

1 Like

Nah nothing special just as close to the branch as you can get conveniently.

I tie my plants down in veg all the time, nothing wrong with it, but shape it. Then let it go when you flip to 1212 (photo) or when it flowers (auto) you don’t have to remove tie downs. You just stop messing with it. This plant was supercropped and tied down a ton. Not since preflower though

And you are welcome! No tips required :rofl:

1 Like

Wow beautiful!!

So i have the FoxFarm 3 9 Big Bloom, Grow Big and Buds and Bloom. I just have started feeding them the full helping. Every other feeding and then i use water i let sit out for 24 hrs from tap and unsulfured molasses . Feed until 1 1-1/2" run. Learned the hard way filling them and having a river flow in my tent =)

1 Like

Don’t forget about the scheduled flushes with fox farms. And IME autos are more sensitive and might rebel on you at full strength so keep an eye out. As for the runoff I don’t worry about it to be honest. I get some don’t measure and or check it. I wouldn’t measure it in inches. You want to aim for a certain percentage based on amount poured in. That percentage eludes me because I really don’t care, but if you ask around someone could clue you in.

1 Like

@ Caligurl @Eagles009 @PP3121 @Oheeeoh
is this how i should post ? I trimmed some fan leaves as the tucking got to be hard. My friend said there is a little yellowing i need to get my ppa under control no matter what its always in the 1000s. Even when i mix a half gallon with FowFarm furt and nute, then i add ro water with it never getting to were i need it. Friend said to stop and just use water until i can get my ppa under control . It seems the yellow went away some . If i did this wrong i am sorry new to the forum thing.

3 Likes

Wish I could offer bottled-nute advice, but I used all organic stuff on my first grow, so that’s really all I know about from first hand knowledge. .

1 Like

Can you get a close up of what is concerning your friend. In seeing happy plants with the yellow in places with rapid new growth ( normal and good) maybe somebody else see something different. They look good to me :thinking:

1 Like

I will take a better picture here soon. I retook these from this morning. Yesterday they seemed a little yellow. He was worried that PPA was to high. I am having a really hard time with my tap water. I let it sit for 24 hrs and then add nutes. I think i just need buy a new ph and tds meter. My PH yellow amazon one goes from 75 ph to 7 . Same with TDS goes from 300 to 1,000 plus and stops at 1200 estimate.

I still am thankful for you!

Is it okay to trim more fan leaves to open up the lower parts? Seem like the tuck and fold isnt working .

1 Like

2 Likes

How long since you adjusted her ties? I was adjusting about every 2 or 3 days when my plant was at that point.

I took all ties off after i lost that one. 2 of the 4 had loose stems and i think when i packed it down i heard a scrunch. Looked a hour later and bam she was gone. Should i tie them back during flower?

You can trim a few fans off. Once they are done stretching and fully into flower you can be more aggressive. I’m not seeing any problems personally. They look good to me. Yeah I had a junk yellow ph meter that things in the trash. Have a cheap blue tds meter that I have my doubts about and dont use that either.

1 Like

I need to find a good Hydroponic shop. Amazon is cool but i want to see it and make sure i get a good one. Cant lose all this money i put in lol

1 Like

You can trust apera or blue lab.

1 Like

Ill have a updated picture today at some point. Havent watered for a couple days. Waiting for them to ask for water this time.

I would continue to tie her down during veg. You do not want to do any LST during flowering.

1 Like