3x3 grow tent setup

Okay soo, currently in a MelonFarm 3x3x6 with a HLG 300L Rspec , first grow ever ! Only have 1 WW Auto in a 3 gallon fabric
Vivo 4" intake/exhaust and 3 very strong fans…I can’t seem to keep my Temps below 82-83° with my light on full… any suggestions?? She just started flower :heart::heart:ALSO are you guys saying a could have more than one plant with the light I currently have???

Processing: 20211204_191912.jpg…

1 Like

Sweet set up! I have 3 of those HLG300 RSPECs and love them all!

1 Like

Thanks! :] also, with this light, how many autoflowers could I grow from germ to harvest? Will this one light do at least 3?? Just curious (I do plan on LST/SCROG) if that helps lol??

1 Like

At 100 watts you can flower 1 plant successfully. With 2 plants you wouldn’t get the the penetration needed to hit the lower or middle bud sites. The harvest would have light/airy buds and immature/not ripened buds

1 Like

100 watts? I thought on full power was 250?

1 Like

Sorry Cool,
I answered the wrong post. In a 3 x 3, you’re looking at 9 sqft. I try to be around 35-45 watts per sq foot of grow space. I have a 3 x 4 with the HLG 300 and the Diablo 200. 2 plants under that light with no problem. There’s a lot more variables that go into flowering a plant , adequate lighting, grow space, environmental conditioning.

1 Like

Sorry I was on another post, 270 I think is the draw off the wall.

1 Like

Hahaha, too funny. :rofl:
Okay, I think I understand. Correct me if I am wrong please;
At full power, having just one plant (PROPERLY lst’d from birth this time) will end up yielding a whole mountain more than having two plants properly lstd and lollipopped? How? If the light is hitting all the bud sites evenly?

1 Like

Currently my light is on full power, and 28" above the highest part of the tallest cola, and even her bottomest, most inner bud sites look just as strong and healthy as her taller sisters…look :slight_smile:

1 Like

That HLG will flower 2 plants easily with the training you mentioned. More yield of course from 2 plants with LST. I think that’s what you were asking? 28” is high for my preference, I’m usually 18-20” in this stage of flower with a DLI of 50-60 :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I agree on 28 being really high, however, until I drum up the courage to splice more wire into my hard drive, I have to keep it that high or my heat gets way outta control, like 87° hot :fire: lol and advice?

And also yeah, I just don’t want all that extra light going to waste! So I’m definitely going for 2 plants next round :maple_leaf::maple_leaf: thank you so much

1 Like

@CoolTtheWiz

I use a 3x3x6 as well. Running a HLG 260w rspec.
I grew four photos in 3 gallon bags last grow and tried four 5 gallon bags this grow and the tent was super cramped. Just harvested and going back to four 3 gallon bags for the next grow.

With photos I can switch to flower when they are 1/2 of my target height though so a little different than autos because autos will start to flower when they want ending up bigger or smaller than you wanted or maybe just right but you have no say in that.

3 Likes