3rd Week Flower - 2’ x 2’ Tent Grow - Late Veg Pruning & LST

@Covertgrower that’s what I figured roughly.

By the looks of it, I’m thinking each bud might double in size or maybe the top ones a little more? What do you think?

That’s a fairly accurate statement.

Hey man, thanks for that, that’s awesome.

I brought my light closer and it’s done a great deal of good, buds are looking nice and fat.

I sprayed with water/apple cider vinegar yesterday because I noticed a bit of PM coming back, and then after watering today and leaving my “bowl” in there for it to drain, I came back to find the water filled with what seemed like half-dead little bugs. I also noticed a few of them on the leaves, but always dead/dried up and come off by just picking them off.

Any idea what might be happening?

Here’s a photo of the water/bugs.

Cheers,

Pat

Captain jacks dead bu watered in will kill them. Looks like fungus gnats. Possibly.

What’s your feeling on Hydrogen Peroxide?

Also, I’m noticing them gnawing on a couple of buds that seem to have yellowing leaves on them. Should I snip those off? I’m afraid they might be mouldy.

Peroxide will work, but might make your leaves look a little scruffy.

Did a peroxide soak cause I was getting impatient and a cider vinegar bath for the flying ones.

Here are some pics of where we’re at, seems like we’re on our way! Going to have to invest in a jeweller’s magnifying loupe soon enough.

I also trimmed off any yellowing, damaged, shriveled, or powdery leaves and larger fan leaves that were getting in the way AFTER these photos.

Let me know your thoughts brother.

1 Like

So @Covertgrower, some not so good news I think!

I thought I was in the clear, I’m roughly a week or two away. Been monitoring the trichomes, slightly milky.

Did that peroxide soak a couple of weeks ago and got a heater to bring it up to 95F for an hour or so to try and kill off whatever was left of the PM.

Thinks look real average right now but I’ve got yellowing and dying leaves happening here. I know this would be normal towards the bottom of the plant but some of the buds have these dead/yellow leaves stuck in there too.

I also cut all ties from the LST set up I had to try and allow a little more air circulation.

Sorry to bug you brother, but if you could have a look at the photos below and comment, it’d be a great help.

Cheers,

Pat

Some of that will be from the peroxide, and some of that will be from the heat. They should finish alright.

Thanks @Covertgrower

Should those leaves be as closely and carefully removed from the buds as possible or just leave them in there?

Also, if you were to estimate when she’d be done, what would you think?

I’m kind of overwhelmed by this whole harvesting process, never properly trimmed a bud before.

Looks about a couple of weeks or so. A lot of the swelling has already happened.

@Covertgrower

Seems like things are going downhill but can’t really figure out why.

I’ve stopped with the nutes roughly 4-5 days ago and am seeing some pretty serious yellowing and dying/drying up leaves.

What should I do?! I feel like 3 months of work is about to go down the drain.

Thanks brother

This is why, there’s no more nutrients, and it’s sucking all of them from the leaves.

I feel silly, that makes sense. Thanks again @Covertgrower

I feel like this must be okay, but is there a limit at which it starts affecting trichome/bud quality?

I’ve tried taking a look at the trichs under a microscope but can’t seem to decipher whether they’re milky or glassy. I do notice just a couple (0.5-1%) of the trichomes going amber.

Mind having a look at these shots and advising? I was thinking of harvesting this week.

I see milky and cloudy in there.

You think they’re good to go?

I know that if I wait for more amber, it’ll be more couchlock. But I’m trying to figure out if it’d be ready to go for a nice mental/body indica high as is.

Thank you very much once again @Covertgrower

1 Like

I try to get both. Where I know the pistils are 95% brown, and the trichomes are showing that they’re ready too.