3rd round (2nd round of kindsoil) just dropped a nl, tangerine dream, cheeseberry and c4!

Sorry the last 2 pics had the flash on

1 Like

Iā€™ll retake them

1 Like

I donā€™t care what anybody says, those lights are cool.

4 Likes

Ok so this is at 10% no flash

this at full power no flash

3 Likes

I know you canā€™t really tell a difference from the pics but trust me when I say itā€™s a huge difference !

2 Likes

I can totally tell by the pics broā€¦nice lights :grin:

3 Likes

Definatley space saving I just like my light to be spread even over the canopy I dont like edges drastically lower then the rest of the par

Got me. Everyone else making claims like that offers third party integrated sphere test data. But I didnā€™t really see any included? I know on their cree cob lights they were using way low flux bin. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if the sammyā€™s and cree leds used on this werenā€™t top bin, which you would kinda expect at price.

Worth noting that optic offers 100,000 hour warranty on leds and lifetime on driver. That means they stand behind these products more than Samsung and meanwell. Hbg-100 listed at 5 year warranty through manufacturer. To me, that raises question, do they actually intend to make good on it?

Closest comparison I could find is r-spec 135 kit. Its $40 more than 135 kit, has less efficient driver than 135 kit, and advertised about the same amount of light output as a 135 kit (with lens off). Which comes back to really wanting to see third party sphere data.

Looks like they claim them to be top bin. But whatā€™s the definition of ā€œtop binā€.
I canā€™t knock the light since I have no data or evidence one way or the other. It just seems pretty pricey.

Whatā€™s wrong with driving a Porsche? :grin:

1 Like

Up to 15% difference in output from bottom flux bin to top in 3500k

That means they grab them all and put same amount of power to them. In this case bottom bin 34-36 lumens and top bin is 38-40 lumens.

1 Like

Nothing just seems like a guy with expensive taste and got the dough to blow I think hes running an es 300 ā€¦( top dollar for the watts) and the the new 2 100 watts for for about 500 bucks for 200 watts just alot of money for the light hes using was just a joke a mbout the porches there expensive but its not the best for the price imo Iā€™d rather spend a lil more for the Maserati which in my book has more clout then a Porsche both nice cars but a Ferrari engine and luxury not much more then a nice Porscheā€¦and I here porches in the shop more then the drive way or the road Iā€™m just joking tho @Ncgreenthumber seems like he likes what he likes and thatā€™s what it gonna be personally 239 x2 coulda been better spent on a diy project 500 bucks you can build a bad ass light that all Iā€™m not knocking his lights there just high end which isnā€™t a bad thing seems like I dont want you take this as an insult bro I just think the money could be better spent ā€¦but maybe your not a complete d.i.y from scratch guy but I would much rather have my 400 watt custom sammy double row 4 strip 2x4 footers I know the light you have are good start to finish i think u should get another tent and built a light for that price and doubled your yeild

@fano_man look back thru my journals brother lol. You will see all the money I have spent on DIY lights and I actually have 3 tents brother . You are right. I do like what I like and have the money to get it so price doesnā€™t even matter. 1 thing that made me go for these was the warranty as @dbrn32 stated above and the fact that they are using samsung top bins( allegedly ) also I love the convenience of not having to grab a screw driver to have to dim and raise the brightness of the lights (which I think just about anyone would like that) . Iā€™m not a light guru , thatā€™s Dbrns title lol but Iā€™m happy with them . They seem really well built and with the 2 of them along side of my xl Iā€™d say that I have plenty of coverage for atleast 4 or more plants which is plenty for me. Like i said i have tents and lights , but variety is the spice of life and i like the option to change setups every few months if need or want . Hell next month Iā€™ll probably buy that chilled logic 660 led . @dbrn32 any thoughts on that light ?

1 Like

@ThcinKC us experimenting with a hps led hybrid light the led and the hps is supposed to have a unique blend more similar to the sun a great spectrum might be cheaper and easier to achieve then one thinks ā€¦I think itā€™s a 600 hps with a 3000 4000 and lime green a red strips ā€¦when u say u build ur lights ā€¦do you buy the kits or do source each individual part?

Looks cool, Iā€™m sure it will grow good weed. Otherwise itā€™s using pretty much same stuff these lights, and every other newer light is using. Seems like itā€™s just a matter of which design tickles the fancy of each individual grower.

1 Like

Also @dbrn these readings were at 24" from the tops of the canopy with the par meter app , I know itā€™s not a 500$ meter but it is what it is to a certain degree

the 51 and 50 were the new lights and the 52 was the xl

I buy the kits , easier and faster than waiting for each individual peice to arrive and having to go thru the hassle of all the other stuff involved , cutting, soldering etc etc .

For poopoos and Haha I counted the diodes it claims 300 top bin diodes ā€¦the whites look like there 2 different cct and there are 20 rows of 12 on outer ring for 240 diodes and there 10 rows of 12 inside ring for a total of 360 whites theres also 4 blues and 8 reds so what bin are the other 72 diodes lol there the white cluster different temps or am I trippinā€¦ it would he cool to build a single strong cob for each corner of my room and one in the center thatā€™s gonna be the next thing I work on Iā€™m almost outta stuff to build

Oh well itā€™s not my money and dude wants the best but I feel some of the custom light ideas are better suited then pre fabbed stuff I like the 4 foot strips there very long compared to anything I got the hlg 600s are only like 38 inches long ā€¦these strips are 44.5 inches with a half inch l bar to keep the the bars rigid and basically a stand to not allow the diodes to ever hit the floor even if the dropped theyā€™d hit there roll cage before any diodesā€¦the driver on the other hand it able to take a hit god forbid we come crashing down ā€¦I ran outta of chain and jm pretty ethnicly rigged in the veg room till I get more chain to bolt to the roof ā€¦I got 10 foot re bar criss crossed on shelves holding 2 lights up tight now lol rebar wont break but itā€™s kinda flimsy at that length ā€¦ have u ever built a conpletle scratch buildā€¦only thing about scracmtch builds is that itā€™s hard to add supplemental ā€œnew techā€ uv b far reds and allā€¦ @dbrn32 are there any strips or boards that u can actually change the diodes?

I would think you would be able to change any diode on about any light wouldnā€™t you ? Time , know how and patience it seems ?

I dunno that would be cool if you could they dont seem like they are removable on the strips tho like youā€™d need to perform tech surgery on it and soldering a new one and it probally look funnny