3rd indoor grow Starting 9/13

He’s an easy target haha

2 Likes

Aww love you guys to :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

So it turns out the calibration fluid for my ph/ppm pen has been recalled and calibration is not possible. I managed to get Amazon to issue a refund. I know which ppm pen you suggest @dbrn32 but which ph pen? I have the cheap $10 yellow one from Amazon (sorry @Nicky) Do you recommend a reasonably priced ph meter?

This is same manufacturer

[HM Digital PH-80 pH Meter Waterproof PH80 Tester HydroTester https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078XJQ6HM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_8J5XC5AJF6QV6VGM55XZ](HM Digital PH-80 pH Meter Waterproof PH80 Tester HydroTester https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078XJQ6HM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_8J5XC5AJF6QV6VGM55XZ)

I hoping for less $$ :laughing:

How do you post your cool looking Amazon link? Is that a privilege I have yet to aquire?

1 Like

The ph pen i currently use is apera sx620 i think. I’ve only had this one for little over a year though, and seems pretty good. My super cheap tds tester has worked fine, but I would spend a little more on ph tester.

3 Likes

Sooo, many testers out there. Dang

Looking at Milwaukee since mainly it’s not made in China lol

1 Like
2 Likes

This is what I’m thinking about. It’s more in my price range @dbrn32 @Nicky @newt

Milwaukee Instruments PH55 pH Waterproof Dual Level Temperature Meter, Pocket-Size, -2.0 DegreeC to 16.0 DegreeC Temperature Range, 0.1pH Resolution, 38 mm Diameter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008932BNE/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_6TKVXYZBNDFS1210S2G2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll go wrong with that.

2 Likes

I agree I think that work work well.

The reason I like the apera kit is that it comes with ph calibration fluid.

All metres should be calibrated at least once a month.

4 Likes

I have several packets of powder. There’s one for $64 that comes with 2 packets. Do you think the premix fluid is better than powder.

Reading all this, I never realized pens should be stored in “storage fluid” So I was thinking $61 for the pen and $13 for the fluid. I have enough powder for a few months at least

Made in Romania

1 Like

I’m. Sure both will work.

I bought the apera PH 20 kit because it comes with everything I’ve had it for 3 years. I don’t store mine in storage fluid lol I lost the cap.

Compare the ph20 kit to thr pen your looking at. The kit comes with enough fluid to last you the life of you ever growing u think lol.
I just dunk my pen right unit the bottles to calibrate it.

Might be less hassle to get thr kit even if it cost 20$ more…

2 Likes

Ok, thanks. I’ll take another look

Is this the one? It comes in a case with calibration fluid but it’s actually cheaper… :+1:

APERA INSTRUMENTS AI209 Value Series PH20 Waterproof pH Tester Kit, ±0.1 pH Accuracy Amazon.com

1 Like

the combo kit for $77 looks interesting

2 Likes

Yes the combo kit is what I have! Buy that.
Don’t lay the little bottles down sideways thought they leak from the cap.

I just dunk my pen in the bottles and calibrate.

1 Like

I’m on it. You sold me :laughing:

I actually convinced Amazon to refund my money 6 months after last return date. But that’s pretty much BS they are still selling a pen that can’t be calibrated. The manufacturer doesn’t respond, they just directs you back to Amazon

Hopefully they still have plenty in the states :laughing:

1 Like

Back to 3rd indoor grow journal :pensive::sunglasses::rofl:

Here they are 10/19 51days

I finally got them lolilpopped

The intensity is up to 60%… im gonna let them recover a few days before turning it up more. So far the tips are looking good

3 Likes

Milwaukee is a good brand

2 Likes

Now I think you’re screwing with my head :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:t2: sorry

2 Likes