3rd grow’s a silver charm

3rd “official” grow. Learning is fun.

A little over 4’ x 5’ space, ventilated straight into the chimney. 2 260xl HLG’s in the main space. Room to add a 3rd board to each, but haven’t felt the need to yet. Just a timer and silver, bubble insulation on the walls.

Transplanted from paper towel 4 Super Silver Haze, 3 Blackberry Kush, and 1 bag seed bean, all into 2 gallon pots with Ocean forest. Bag seed is either a hybrid or Indica, but I do know it’s effective.

I have RO water, The FF trio, cal-mag supplement and all the various dry nutrients they suggest using when flower begins. I have a pH meter and the general hydroponic pH up/down solutions.

Yeah. Any questions and I’d be happy to answer them.

2 Likes

The bag seed is fire. I think it’s a hybrid. Indica dominant based on the leaves.

I had 3 BBk I grew last time that we’re supposed to be feminized, and got beans sprouting 5 days into flower. That’s the 2nd of the 3 to do so. No signs of female at any point that I saw so I think I can rule herm out on those.

Why I picked daylight savings time to switch, I will never know.

I thought about posting pictures, but it’s just black dirt so far.

2 Likes

I have mycorrhizae, but I didn’t use it. I just spaced it out, as one tends to do when pitting plants after a session. Does anyone have opinions on its use? I haven’t done this long enough to know. I used it last time when I transplanted, but to what effect I don’t know.

1 Like

Very nice set up! What exhaust system are you using? I used “mykos” this grow when I transplanted, so once I harvest (any day now) I will inspect the roots and see if any noticable root improvement. Dont forget to ad perlite to the FFOF. Good luck. I’m watching.

1 Like

Well, shit. I didn’t do that. I didn’t know that was a thing.

Oh ya a TDS meter will be helpful so you will know when to start feeding as FFOF should last as much as 6 weeks ± without neuts.

1 Like

Set to watch. @Audiofreak is correct about FF OF. I grow in OF and on current grow I went 6 weeks in Veg. My ppm’s were high all the way up to second week after flip. Once plant started to flower readings started dropping quick. You could go for a while without watering to runoff, but should at some point start taking readings to stay ahead of the possibly of getting deficiencies. :+1:

4 Likes

Sounds like OMG is gettin’ down to business! Good luck!

1 Like

The equipment you have assembled is same as my set up only bigger (2x4x5 with one 260xl) those lights grow some dense big buds. Best of luck.

4 Likes

Which boards are you running? 3k, 4K?

I believe they are 35k gotta give the lights the credit for the buds

1 Like

Not much to show. This is just the beginning space. Because I can. Tomatoes and peppers in there too.

1 Like

I did my best to label each pot. The ones I didn’t label are tomatoes/peppers and what not. I don’t have 100% confirmation, but the P Haze I put in the far right pots (after the two I had in there didn’t take) seem like they are trying to burst through today.

The bushier 2 plants in the back on the right are smallish BBK clones. I took them from a different plant (obviously). Space fillers. I’ve never attempted to clone before.

Topped the 2nd plant in the 2nd row today. The rest are doing their thing. Some leggy. I don’t understand why the runt in the first row isn’t doing much. Maybe just bad genetics?

I topped 4 of them yesterday. Maybe a little to early, but I’m new and curious. I don’t much about clones, but I did manage to take 2 and clone them (back row, 3rd and 4th pot) which I topped. I don’t know if the rules for topping are the same with clones as seedlings or not. So here we go. I also topped the 2nd one in the first row and 3rd one in the second row.

Chugging along