3rd grow, frosty but poor foliage?

This is grow # 3. I have yet to have a plant mature in the tent without the foliage going south. These are Auto Critical Orange Punch at 12 weeks. They are frosty but I don’t see any amber yet. Lots of frosty flowers though.

My first try with autos was outside and they looked good up to the very end when they got a little nitrogen burn and started bud rot due to the humidity where I live.

The next two were in the tent in a climate controlled room. Both times, including these 2 plants have had foliage issues. They should be ready already but I don’t see any amber yet.

Any suggestions based on what you see for future attempts?

Thanks…

2 Likes

Nice buds at this point I think I would try to keep it going for a couple more weeks and finish it up the real yellow leaves on the bottom is the plant feeding off of itself. Good luck finishing up.

1 Like

Just ride it out. Still a lot of standing pistols. They will ripen quickly as the nutes run low. Have you started flushing them yet??

2 Likes

I am still watering with some Flower Fuel, no more nitrogen. I can change to pure water if you think it is time for that. I am still learning.

Thanks

1 Like

I think I would back off the fuel just finishing up with water. You can see the leaves on the top showing burn. Very pretty plant should be some good smoke.

12 weeks from seed? How far from the first day you saw pistils? I actually believe you completely pulled the N too soon.

1 Like

Flowering began at week 4.

1 Like

Thats prolly it. If pistils @ 4 weeks. 2 weeks of transition (@6 weeks flower starts) so ur only 6~ weeks into flower

1 Like

Some ladies flower for 10-12 weeks. And id be pumping N (albeit at much lower rates) til 8-10

2 Likes

Does this time table work with Autos? Dutch Passion web site says these are seed to harvest in about 75 days?

Thanks!

Yup. I mean if you see amber trichs starting @ 75 and you only want cloudy ones. Its possible. But that quick of a turn around is in the minority. You see the white hairs still standing? They should be receding into the calyx (buds).

Lets see her day by day for another week. New pic?

2 Likes

I’m gonna look in if y’all dont mind, pretty intrested in this one as I’m In the same boat!

My original post was on July 11th. Here are some pics from today, July 14th. I see a difference.

2 Likes

Stack on sweetness. Stack on!!

1 Like

I am guessing that means keep’em going a bit more?

1 Like

Sure look nice, if you have a little microscope you can look at the tricombs to see where your at and give a better idea of when to harvest

1 Like

Still no amber. I have a 40x lighted magnifying glass.

1 Like

Looks like 3 weeks left. I dont normally pull the nitrogen off till the last week or 2. But hey live and learn.

Not sure if she’ll make it 3. But we gon ease him as far along as possible

1 Like

Now would be a good time to feed her good I’d honestly add a little nitrogen to keep her going but that’s just my opinion also watch them dieing leaves they will cause bud rot if they sit inside the bud or at least that’s what happened to one of my plants