3rd Grow (2)Banana Kush, (2)Bubble Gum, (2)AK-47 and (1)Girl Scout Cookie Extreme

The 2 coolers are high pressure Aeroponics. The 2 buckets are foggers. They all have there own reservoir so I can adjust there nutes according to the strain. This is the first time I have grown anything besides Gold Leaf. @Covertgrower

5 Likes

Thanks! @MAXHeadRoom It makes complete sense for a resiviour for each one.
The foggers seem like those would be just as efficient as the aeroponics. Is it a single head or two in the buckets?
If anyone can grow anything it’ll be you @MAXHeadRoom

1 Like

Its just a single head fogger. I actually already had a grow with the foggers and got low yields so I was going to try coco. For some reason I have been having a calcium deficiency in most of the plants. The AK47 being the worst. All got fresh nutes and cal/mag today, so we will see what happens.

What kind of hydro where you looking at?
@Covertgrower

2 Likes

@MAXHeadRoom I’m really liking your aeroponics set up. I think it’s the most efficient. I’ve book marked your DIY post and have found it very helpful.
You still put an air stone in the bottom though correct?
Any additional changes or additions you did would be helpful.
DWC I might start with as far as budgeting for now. Then add more as I go. (Don’t forget I’m moving :wink:) Feel free to continue this conversation in your diy set up. Don’t want to clog your journal.

3 Likes

I was kinda thinking the same thing. If nothing else, I could build one while sitting here with thumb in my rear.

Anything you would change from your original build @MAXHeadRoom?

1 Like

I stopped using the air stones in the aero and I kept them in the foggers to help circulate air. I also built a barrier to keep the roots out of the water and have increased the off time on the aeroponics and fogger. Hopefully this will prevent root rot which I had on my last grow
@Covertgrower

2 Likes

On my first grow I had to change the size of the coolers, the first one was to small. Make a barrier so your roots don’t hang in the water and don’t over water. I was over watering last row. So I increased off time to let the roots dry out more.

2 Likes

Sweet thanks! If and when time comes, I’ll use other thread too.

2 Likes

HELP!!!.

So this problem has been going on for a while now, and I’m getting tired of not figuring it out. At first I thought it was calcium def. So I treated for that. All plants have maximum cal/mag as recommended by manufacturer. Then I thought it was my PH because calcium won’t go into your plant at 5.8 and above. See chart. So I lowered all my grows and all are running at 5.7 PH. The only other thing I can think of is fungal rust. Also this is only effecting the leaves on the middle of the plant. Tops look good

All of these pictures are in different types of hydro systems. 2 aero and 2 fogger.

Using AN PH perfect nutes (Not so perfect)

So it is not cal/mag def. and its not PH and its not nute burn PPM is only 350.

Any ideas appreciated.
ph%20range

Banana Kush

Bubble Gum

GSCE

Closup of AK-47

Wed%20Feb%2028%2014-18-47

Wed%20Feb%2028%2014-20-02

@Donaldj @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @peachfuzz @Hogmaster

3 Likes

Searching some threads on this @MAXHeadRoom want to double check some things.

1 Like

@MAXHeadRoom the only thing I could find that closely relates to your symptom is a lack of magnese but yours doesn’t show as much yellowing, and more brown spotting. Swear I saw a similar post…
It’s all I had.
I’m sure someone will be here and know soon.

1 Like

i’ve never experienced this with AN @MAXHeadRoom you could be right about the rust

1 Like

Thanks @Covertgrower for trying. Have a smoke. Maybe you will remember then. lol :rofl:

Thanks for your input @BIGE

Since it is effecting all the plants and there are four different systems, it must be something that is airborne. I hate having problems that I can’t figure out, but thats why we have a forum

2 Likes

How old are the plants and are they clones or seeds?
Also what are water temps and what is the humidity in the room?
If it’s an airborne problem , you can burn some sulfur in the room to kill it all… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Seeds

65 to 70 and RH is 50-55.
At first I thought is was RH so I moved them into a smaller room and have a fooger going. The problem still increasing.

Sulfur? Where do you get that?

1 Like

let that ph drift more under 5.8 P is only avail in small amount when you look at the ph chart you posted it doesn’t factor that ph nutrients taper in

6 Likes

I find people that fight to keep ph exact tend to have more issues than those that let it move ph being 5.7 5.9 for that matter anywhere in range of 5.5-6.1 shouldn’t be super panic to adjust so long as during each res change it moves in range that starts at or near 5.8
On average if plants are thriving temps and rh are good you top off res every 3 days give or take this is when you compensate for the curve/trend. Setting top off ph lower or higher to swing ph through range steady up swing ph low steady drop ph high etc just like soil

6 Likes

That’s why I was asking about the age of the plants… phosphorus will Aid in helping root development and actual all around health of the plant in early stages of growth as @Donaldj had mentioned… also I was wondering age of plants because usually beginning to middle of veg i start out about 300 PPM in eventually increase to about 400 to 500 in middle of veg , by the time I’m getting ready to go to flower I’m usually up around 600 to 700 … and starting flower I’m about 800 ppm… :wink:
Also like @Donaldj had mentioned , I don’t trip to much on my pH as long as it’s between 4.5 and 7.5 and sometimes I let it drift just for shits and giggles and because I’m lazy also…
I should also add that I’m usually using clones… for a perpetual grow seeds are too unpredictable to gain any advantage… :wink:
:v: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ugh. Phosphorus, that was another I could have suggested, but didn’t want to just guess @MAXHeadRoom then again I’m a soil guy. This is why I pay attention. Live and learn.

3 Likes

Under these Quantum Boards, a few of us are noticing we have to feed more than full strength NFTG nutes. They are especially hungry for P. Hope that helps a little

6 Likes