315 sunsystem with 4200 or some other smaller light for germ/seedling growth

i have a 315 with 4200 for my veg tent. treehouse says i don’t want to use it on my seedlings and i’ve heard some on here say that also, i’ve also had people on here say that they use their cmh for seedlings. would it be better to start the germ and do the seedlings in the veg tent with a florescent or led light? will this give better results for the little tender guys? i am going with the idea that every phase of the growth of the plant is important if you want to get best results out the end.

so, if i do need to use another light specifically for germ and seedlings, what should i get? i was thinking a 2 or 4 bulb t5 2 ft to cover 2 to 6 peat pellets thru solo cups.

I used a 136w blurple from germination to this point.

Light I used:

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Reflector-Spectrum-Indoor-Plants/dp/B01B4GQ6MO?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9vHsyPzG4AIVAtbACh3O6A9KEAAYASAAEgLrhPD_BwE

Best thing is to not overthink. Mistakes will be made. But they are plants, and much like kids, they are resilient. And just like kids, babying them does as much damage as ignoring them.

1 Like

i like that price @BobbyDigital and those plants are looking nice

1 Like

I have since upgraded to a quantum board (a week ago) but not because I wasn’t happy with what the viparspectra could do but because I wanted to test all the hype surrounding the qb.

1 Like

from what i’ve seen on here you are really going to like it, it has great penetration.

So did the vipar. These little bottom feeders kept coming back.

This was the last one I clipped off. And it’s growing back again.

I have a PAR meter coming in so I can get some readings but just with a lumens meter the qb surpasses the vipar on the outer edges pretty significantly.

3 Likes

Once you have that QB a while, i would love to hear your take on the two.

Tag me if you think about it.

1 Like

I have gone from seed to harvest with cmh but I normally use a t5 so my cmh is available for vegetative growth

@Gardenguy hey bud, thanks for answering, so i can use my cmh right now… and i got second set of leaves on 3 of 5 plants wooo hooo lol.

and if so, how far away to keep seedlings?

I kept my light at the top of my tent with the seedlings so probably started at three or four feet away then moved it down over time . But I purposely try to get a little stretching on my seedlings to get my third node off my buckets a bit (I am in hydro) when I pop seeds I enjoy doing a manifold (nuggbuckets method) and the tight nodes that those lights produce makes for short plants

1 Like

Will do. I’ll be doing a journal on the next one.

1 Like

Me as well, i might kick mine off in the next week or two.

1 Like