3 weeks into veg and these spots showed up over the past couple of days, what nutrient is causing this?

2 Likes

If you can post new photos under natural light or flash with blurples off it would help to see the plant better.
Also some basic info would help
What is the medium. Be specific
Using any nutrients? What and how much.
Do you pH the water and or feed solution? What is it? _______pH Also what is its ppm _______?
Do you water to runoff? Also take pH and PPM measurements. What are they.
Do you spray the plants or is what the white powder from splashing or something?

I am not sure what the other markings are. I recently had a plant with somewhat similar markings during early veg. It didn’t get worse or spread. Kind of a head scratcher.

1 Like

Looks like i see water on your leaves but hard to tell with purple light. You going to need to post clear pics

Yes, better light.
Im curious as to what this is?

3 Likes

Kinda looks like leaf miner’s not for sure though

2 Likes

I have it in a fox farm soil mixed with bat guano and feed it a 20-20-20 once a week running on an 18-6 light schedule temp is 72-80 and 70% humidity i the ph stays 5-7 the spots are from a twice daily auto mist.

1 Like

I think @Reed71 hit it on the head. The patterns indicate a leaf miner bug. In fox farm soil. Also may have a nitrogen overload. FF has lots of it as well as bat guano.

2 Likes

the fox farm is the coconut coir blend and its only .6 -.4 -.4 on its fertilizer blend

2 Likes

How would you get rid of the problem pest?

1 Like

@ag328 i would use neem oil spray but I’ve never had to use it on plant that small i think it would be ok though and also you can use DE on your soil

1 Like

Neem oil only at lights out. Alternate with Captain Jack’s Dead Bug (again only at lights out). Treatment a couple times a week, tops and bottoms of every leaf.

Honestly it just looks like dried up water spots and plant hunger - but it’s never a bad time to preventative treat your girls. Once bugs move in, they’re difficult to remove.

I am not foliage feeding its a water solution applied to the soil 20-20-20 once a week

1 Like

I shudder everytime I see someone recommend Neem oil, stuff is nasty, burns up plants, soaks into buds. Oughta be a law against it. Just say no. If the captain jacks don’t do it add a teaspoon of permethrin to the spray bottle with the captain. Don’t spray the buds, just the leaves.

The plant appears to have a slight potassium defiency judging by the brown spots.

1 Like

any suggestions on how to bring the potassium up?

You wouldn’t have needed any fertilizer yet, in fact I think it’s causing your issues. I’m guessing that’s caused some kind of a lockout. You should just water with plain water for a few weeks and not use the fertilizer.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I wouldn’t use it on flowering plants. definitely failed to mention that. It also stinks to high Heaven. It’s a last resort in my garden. :woozy_face:

1 Like