3 plant Amnesia Haze SCROG

I see what you are saying…There are 10 gallon pots sitting on the floor. From the top of the soil to the top of the tallest plant is 14 inches. Now I am curious why you were curious…

2 Likes

Your doing fine @AMUSED2DEATH next time try setting screen at 25 inches off floor that’s what I was told by majiktoker but you can start it lower it’s not a problem

I would have liked to, but the math gets a bit dicey for my height and led wattage. I have 60 inches to work with and need about 6 to safely hang the light. I need 24 more above the buds for my 1200 watt led. That leaves me at 30 inches to play with. I set the net at 20 leaving me only 10 above the net for the HUGE BUDS I am expecting ;-).

2 Likes

10/4 I understand the hieght restrictions lol
It’s all good like I said you can always start lower and onebother thing since hieght is a issue try using smaller pots next time 5 gal works great indoors
With 15 gal pot they can get massive

Now that is an interesting discussion I had with my self. Is it better to keep 'em lower by binding their roots some, or by shortening their veg state. I flipped them at 51 days. We shall see how strong those secondary and tertiary buds are. It does seem like by the end of the first 2 weeks the net will be full.

1 Like

@Majiktoker @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31

I have questions about trimming. I have a ton of growth below the net. Basically nothing has died down there. I know most of you trim with the idea of directing energy up. However when I followed one of Bob B’s journal he mentioned he doesn’t trim feeling the lower leaves if healthy are adding energy to the plant. Is there a consensus on this on the forum? If you have a link to any research on this I’d welcome it.

I was just wondering how tall the plants where dude, I’m a noob so wondered how tall I should let my ladies get before flipping to flower (obviously can’t wait) but it all depends on how much space you got I guess, I cant wait to see how yours do :slight_smile: good luck bro

1 Like

Thank you! Based on feedback here, it appears 25 inches is optimal if you have the space. Good luck to you too, do you have a log or pics?

1 Like

I’m only doing my first scrog but every thing I’ve read says to remove anything that’s not at the screen since it won’t get light once you fill screen now I did a early trim and a second once screen filled out
And i plan on removing more nowvthat I’m threw the streach :+1::grin: I’m just going by all the materials I’ve read and help from others who have used the technique
They idea is the plants will focus on top growth as you stated

3 Likes

I trimmed most everything 1-2" below the net… They will not receive light once your scrog is filled, so no point on the plant wasting energy to those leaves. Let them focus on the top since thats where the buds will be. I can tag you in my journal if you’d like to check it out.

Edit: I did 4 or 5 trimmings up until yesterday as I’m pretty much through the preflower stage. Just do a little at a time… no rush or anything right lol

3 Likes

Thanks I’d love to follow along.

1 Like

sure do McLovin's lovin his first grow - #249 by McLovin777 6
25 inches is a long way for me, 6 weeks old from seed, hopefully in the next month they will go mad with growth :slight_smile: kind of tempted to cut the lower 1/3 off to help them stretch… not sure if its a good idea though

The point of doing a SCROG grow is to have the screen low on the plant, causing the plant to have to grow up through it. Once it grows through the screen, you’re supposed to bend and tuck the growth under the screen, keeping it a flat canopy and causing the branches to grow outward while new growth will grow up.

I see more and more SCROG grows that aren’t executed properly, no offense! But 1 plant can easily fill a 2x4 screen on it’s own when done correctly. @peachfuzz what are your thoughts?

Go check out @hillcrest21678’s thread about his SCROG grows and you’ll see the real potential behind a screen grow.

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Those are beautiful! Only three plants, how big is your tent? I’m growing three amnesia haze also. I want to scrog too. Hopefully they’ll come out looking as good as yours, you should be proud :grin:

1 Like

Thanks Bonnie. The tent is 2 x 4 x 5.

@AMUSED2DEATH ** Looks nice fella, will look forward to seeing updates on the triplets**

trimming below the net isn’t a bad thing, when you have a tight sea of green like you clearly will… no light will be getting to the bottom of the tent (not that I know how good or bad LEDs are at penetrating through cover leaf) but point is anything below the net wont be able to perform properly or grow properly in buds case they will be light and airy buds, just as you start training and bending them I personally would clean them up at the bottom and let them concentrate on all the new top colas you have created by training them

I wasn’t sure all my girls were gonna make it so I germinated two more seeds, waiting for them to pop up. But if they all make it that’s six plants, my tent is 4x4x6.5, think it’s big enough? So many things can happen to the plants, I just want a big stash for meeeeee!!

I am going to remove all stems with buds that can’t reach the canopy. Should I take out the fan leaves too?

1 Like

Below net level yes I do :slight_smile:

6 is going to be plenty