3 leaf mutation

My first grow… my Northern Lights autoflower popped up with three leaves. Im reading it’s a fairly common mutation but the advice on whether to scrap it or keep it and reap the extra 1/3 rewards… advice is all over the map. i’m only doing three plants. they’re outside. Has anyone actually grown one start to finish? People seem to post about their seedlings and then don’t follow through with the end result and haven’t come across any journals yet with pics of adults.

2 Likes

I’ve had them grow out of it once mature. I’ve never had one keep going like that.

2 Likes

No need to scrap it.

1 Like

I currently have several that have grown exclusively 3-fingered leaves throughout the whole grow. Their leaves are just expressing their ruderalis genetics. It shouldn’t affect potency, buds, or resin production. I have never noticed a difference, anyway.

1 Like

You can see how full one gets in my thread “looks like pistils on seedling. I’m currently at 12 weeks from seed and 8 weeks flower. @Agrestic. I can tag you in if you like. Peace. :v:
And @anon99767151 also has a 3 leaf growing

1 Like

thanks! i’ll take pics along the way, but as it’s my first grow and they’re outside in a fairly horrid climate, she’s not the best test subject. but thanks all for the encouragement. looking forward to seeing what happens.

2 Likes

Keep us updated. They are an anomaly for sure. Peace for now. :v:@KinSEDC.

I should have made this 3 leaf a clone. Now it’s in advance flowering… I’ll have a 3 leaf bud.
Next time I’ll make a mainline out of it.

2 Likes

I started my first grow journal. My 3 leaf northern lights is a bit of a runt, but I’ve had a few mysterious issues, so it very well could have been my fault :frowning: