3 Gorilla Glue 1st time grower. Please chime in

I would get the soil now and get her set for a good long life. If you wait you have the potential to add more stress to her life when you transplant her later.

So should I transplant now or wait til strength? I have the soil.

If it were mine I would do it now, before the roots take hold and you donā€™t know how big they are. Itā€™s really up to you. You will need more soil at least to within an inch of the top of the pot if you want her to go full term.

1 Like

iā€™m seeing that white film on a fan in front of my humidifier, i was wondering what that was.

I am not sure. You should tag experts to get a good response. And maybe show a picture

Donā€™t give up on her, I almost killed one of my seedlings twice but now sheā€™s healthy and growing like crazy. I actually removed it from the soil and rinsed the roots off and re potted it.

I am not giving up. I almost did. She was showing no signs of improvement and I was going to throw her out yesterday (hints the reason I didnt update Sunday). I went to pull her and BAM, 2 new leave were looking at me! Feeling encouraged again

1 Like

Any chance of a photo in natural light of the new growth?

I was not able to transplant her into FFOF, but I plan on doing that on Saturday when Iā€™m less busy.
@Hungrybud

I also didnt think she was quite ready for the LED SO I went back to florecent. I will start LED ON 20/4 Schedule on Saturday

Help. She is still growing leaves, but they are dying off.
@dbrn32 @Hungrybud

Can you get us updated support ticket please?

1 Like

Fill this in mate, when did you last water?

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I put my seedlings under the LED after about 5 days, no problem, just adjust the height of the light till you hit the sweet spot.

Growing Marijuana Forum by Robert Bergman's I Love Growing Marijuana

3 Gorilla Glue 1st time grower. Please chime in

BeginnerSeed, Propagation, and Transplanting

Welcome to the best place for grow support.
Create a topic to ask your question and our experts or fellow growers will be with you shortly.

/

Dirtybuckeye

26d

Water ph going in is 6.8. I checked the soil and it was at 7. I purchased some ph down to help. I water every other day, spraying the leaves while dampening the soil. Right now, the surface is dry, but knuckle deep is moist. Light is T5 florecent 24w on 24/7. Not sure the intensity, just on

Hungrybud

26d

Slow down on the watering, over watering is the main cause of seedling failure, i have just cracked 7 seedlings myself, i fill the container with the grow medium then drench the soil to run off, i then leave the container over night to drain then next day plant the germinated seed into the medium, that was March 1st, i have not watered them since, i put them under humidity domes and just mist the inside of the domes thats all the water they get.

Hungrybud

26d

Also feel the weight of the container to gauge the weight as the soil dries which is another indicator of when to water.

Dirtybuckeye

26d

Okay no more water for a few days! I just was trying to print down the ph levels. Iā€™ll hold off on all water until weight(?) Indicates. Meaning feels like no water

Bobbydigital

26d

If youā€™re checking the soil with that probe, it will always read 7. The ph probe on that is useless. I use mine for moisture and thatā€™s about it. If you want to test your soil you need to collect some water runoff and test that.

I apologize if this has already been addressed but I didnā€™t see it in the responses.

Hungrybud

26d

Yes @BobbyDigital those probes are not very good at all, a good PH pen and PPM pen will save tears.

dbrn32ILGM Grow Mentor

26d

I agree with the others, digital testers will save you from hassles. Also, if youā€™re lighting 24/7 try not to spray leaves unless under a dome or something. The water droplets can act like magnifying glass and burn holes in leaves.

Dirtybuckeye

25d

Whatā€™s the difference between ph pen and tds pen? I purchased a tds pen. Can I calculate ph level from tds? I felt my plant and she is still pretty wet; how do I measure runoff/ can I? She is still growing more leaves, but still looking pale. Brown spot getting larger on 1 leaf.

Dirtybuckeye

24d

@Bubblehead

Bubblehead

24d

A pH pen measures how acidic or basic a liquid is 7 being neutral, below 7 acidic and above 7 basic. Cannibis pefers slightly acidic media to grow well. A TDS (Total Disolved Solids), which is measured in ppm, tells you how much stuff is in the water. My well water is 250-300 ppm, meaning it has minerals in it and is a little hard. My RO water, which runs through a filter and has basically everything filtered out, has a ppm of 8-10. You can not calculate pH using a tds meter, at least I donā€™t know how.

To measure run off you water the plant enough that water runs out the bottom of the pot. Collect the water tuen you can measure the pH and tds/ppm of the water. When you know the numbers in the runoff you can make adjustments to your pH, if needed, by feeding and watering with high or low pH. The ppm will tell you how well the plant is eating. Say you feed at 1000 ppm but the runoff is 300 ppm it would indicate that the plant is eating well.

Dirtybuckeye

24d

Should I do that to check my seedling? I feel like my ph is off, but have been told I am over watering. Havenā€™t watered I. 3 days and still feels damp 1 knknuckles deep

Bubblehead

24d

That process is for mature plants. Seedlings do not need much water. If your seedlings still feel moist I would hold off. It is recommended that you know the pH of the water going in

Dirtybuckeye

19d

@Bubblehead couldnā€™t help myself but to touch, maybe she still would have been fine before I transplanted herā€¦ Iā€™ll never no. Learning patience too!

Bubblehead

19d

I would get the soil now and get her set for a good long life. If you wait you have the potential to add more stress to her life when you transplant her later.

Dirtybuckeye

19d

So should I transplant now or wait til strength? I have the soil.

Bubblehead

19d

If it were mine I would do it now, before the roots take hold and you donā€™t know how big they are. Itā€™s really up to you. You will need more soil at least to within an inch of the top of the pot if you want her to go full term.

HogStix

16d

iā€™m seeing that white film on a fan in front of my humidifier, i was wondering what that was.

Dirtybuckeye

14d

I am not sure. You should tag experts to get a good response. And maybe show a picture

Magilla12

13d

Donā€™t give up on her, I almost killed one of my seedlings twice but now sheā€™s healthy and growing like crazy. I actually removed it from the soil and rinsed the roots off and re potted it.

Dirtybuckeye

13d

I am not giving up. I almost did. She was showing no signs of improvement and I was going to throw her out yesterday (hints the reason I didnt update Sunday). I went to pull her and BAM, 2 new leave were looking at me! Feeling encouraged again

Hungrybud

12d

Any chance of a photo in natural light of the new growth?

Dirtybuckeye

12d

I was not able to transplant her into FFOF, but I plan on doing that on Saturday when Iā€™m less busy.
@Hungrybud

Dirtybuckeye

12d

I also didnt think she was quite ready for the LED SO I went back to florecent. I will start LED ON 20/4 Schedule on Saturday

11 DAYS LATER

Dirtybuckeye

12h

Help. She is still growing leaves, but they are dying off.
@dbrn32 @Hungrybud

dbrn32ILGM Grow Mentor

12h

Can you get us updated support ticket please?

Hungrybud

11h

Fill this in mate, when did you last water?

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: Gorilla Glue watered 9 hrs ago

Method: FFOF

Vessels: 5G Grow bag

PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): ph 6.5, no runoff

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: PPM 215 after adding ph down to get to 6.5ph

Indoor

Light system

Temps; Day 80, Night 72

Humidity; Day 70%, Night 65%

Ventilation system; Not on

Humidifier

Co2; NO

@dbrn32

Sorry this is still my weakest areaā€¦troubleshooting deficiencies. Iā€™ll have to let someone with more experience chime in. Iā€™m anxious to see what they think.

You dont need to PH for a seedling. Just get a spray bottle and put your seedling under a dome and keep the underside of the lid sprayed with water drops. When the water drops 80% dry out spray again.

Another thing is I think your cup is too deep. For you to water to run off you are filling the whole cup full of water, which is too much water and too deep for the roots to find oxygen. From here on in just spray inside the dome and keep the top soil moist/wet. Ideally you want to use peat moss pots.

Try a gentle squeeze of the cup to loosen the soil to allow oxygen to get down into soil

Here is mine using the above methodsā€¦ at different stages due to seeds cracking out of syncā€¦

And dont mind Jackā€¦ hes special :laughing:

1 Like

Mine are under blue LED 450W veg switch only

1 Like

@JD419WhyWait that is how my first and current project is going. They just finally got withered and dried out near a month.