3 Gorilla Glue 1st time grower. Please chime in

I agree with the others, digital testers will save you from hassles. Also, if you’re lighting 24/7 try not to spray leaves unless under a dome or something. The water droplets can act like magnifying glass and burn holes in leaves.

1 Like

What’s the difference between ph pen and tds pen? I purchased a tds pen. Can I calculate ph level from tds? I felt my plant and she is still pretty wet; how do I measure runoff/ can I? She is still growing more leaves, but still looking pale. Brown spot getting larger on 1 leaf.

@Bubblehead

A pH pen measures how acidic or basic a liquid is 7 being neutral, below 7 acidic and above 7 basic. Cannibis pefers slightly acidic media to grow well. A TDS (Total Disolved Solids), which is measured in ppm, tells you how much stuff is in the water. My well water is 250-300 ppm, meaning it has minerals in it and is a little hard. My RO water, which runs through a filter and has basically everything filtered out, has a ppm of 8-10. You can not calculate pH using a tds meter, at least I don’t know how.

To measure run off you water the plant enough that water runs out the bottom of the pot. Collect the water tuen you can measure the pH and tds/ppm of the water. When you know the numbers in the runoff you can make adjustments to your pH, if needed, by feeding and watering with high or low pH. The ppm will tell you how well the plant is eating. Say you feed at 1000 ppm but the runoff is 300 ppm it would indicate that the plant is eating well.

Should I do that to check my seedling? I feel like my ph is off, but have been told I am over watering. Haven’t watered I. 3 days and still feels damp 1 knknuckles deep

That process is for mature plants. Seedlings do not need much water. If your seedlings still feel moist I would hold off. It is recommended that you know the pH of the water going in

1 Like

Its weird, she looks sick but she is still producing leaves and developing. I do not think she has growled much, but I haven’t measured. I did add soil to top off the cup after my son knocked it over. It is very hard not to give her water when I look at her and the surface looks so dry. The brown spot has spread and her color is still a light green which makes me believe there is no change.

Here are the experiments and test subjects

1 Like

Was gone for 2 days and came back to this.

It is my understanding that she is a lost cause. I am now 0/3 with purchased seeds

@hangthebanksters @PurpNGold74
I seen you guys comment on other threads. Any suggestions of where I went wrong? Need to figure this out before I plant another purchased seed.

Did you get a good PH pen?

Yes I’m at 6.3 prior to watering dont know what the plant is now (runoff)

Is this the plant that was accidentally kicked over?

Yes it is

That may have a little to do with it…

I wouldn’t give up on it. Your other plants aware looking great!

1 Like

Then what to do? Let her go? Transplant? She was dried out when I got home, I lightly sprayed the stem and sprayed a little more only around the edges.

At that size I’d give her her a few ounces of water near the cup edge and let the roots search out the water. I’d keep her in the same cup for a few days with all the stress she has been under I would not put her through more right now. Most people will transplant when the leaves overhang the rim of the cup. One thing I would do is just dump her you might as well try to save it. I would also put her back under a dome. If you don’t have one that fits cut a pop bottle and out it over her. Give the inside a couple of sprays first so the humidity comes up. At this stage they still get a lot of moisture through their leaves, at least that is what I was taught.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I’ll try.

So she was looking way worse today so I decided I was going to let her go! As I started dumping the soil, I noticed she was not moving at all. So I thought to myself, what if she has nowhere to go. So as I dumped out the soil, there she is roots stuck to the bottom of the cup with nowhere to go. It really sucks cus I did not get enough soil because I didnt think she was ready to move. So in desperation, i grabbed the soil that i had and placed it into a 5G bag then moistened it then put her in there. Just curious now. I am pretty sure not I will not get anything out of her, but I would like to see if I can rejuvenate her. If I can, I will purchase more soil as soon as I see signs of fight left in her. And fill the 5G bag all the way and transplant again as soon as I see signs of strength.

I also turn on my LED grow light

GG1 looks better. She unfolded herself today. Looks like her leaves are trying to stretch out. My small plants do not like the LED light though. 1s tips have turned orange. Another looks perfect. And the 3rd looks like she either had too much water or not enough. I will continue trying to improve their life. This is my trial run for cause and affect. Hopefully I can bring GG and keep 1 of the other two til the end of life for learning purposes

@Bubblehead couldn’t help myself but to touch, maybe she still would have been fine before I transplanted her… I’ll never no. Learning patience too!