3 Gorilla Glue 1st time grower. Please chime in

Sounds good. I got home late last night and 1 of my beautiful ladies had passed away! Not entirely sure why. I will bury her next to the dog when I get home. Still hoping that she was just playing dead. Hahaha. The other 2 seem to be doing well. I will purchase some ph fluids after work. And retest my plants before feeding.

1 Like

Your best luck is humidifing the room outside the tent. Are you using HID? If so, you’re always going to deal with lower humidity. HID puts off a lot of heat.

1 Like

Only if you are using an open reflector. If you use an air-cooled reflector, they put out very little heat.

Okay so, I jot home from work and the other small 1 looks like she is not going to last. The tall 1 looks a little off as well (leaves turning up). I assume they need water because their beds feel pretty dry. Temps been 82 and humidity been 60. Light directly on them. I’ll try to save if I can, but I think i have already ruined my first grow! What I am doing now is I took them out the tent to get some fresh air, gently sprayed the leaves while spraying the soil. Ph still at 7. Taking it 1 day at a time

I have LED , they staying cool.

1 Like

So I missed my post day and a lot has happened over the past week. My son thought the tent was a different kind of tent and he ended up knocking over the remaining 2 ladies. GG2 died the day after, and GG1 is hanging in there.

The tip of 1 of her leaves looks like it was burned, so I raised the light 4 more inches. Last 2 time i fed, PH levels were at 7. I cant seem to get them down, maybe i am applying PH down incorrectly. She is still hanging in there, today she is 2 weeks from the day her seed opened and I planted her. When should I transplant? I was thinking Saturday. After transplanting, am I still only spraying or am I applying additional water? How do you know it is enough or too much?

Since I have some seeds (not purchased), I figured I could try to grow some of them as experiments, not keeps. I placed 6 seeds in water and 3 opened. I believe it is a loss, because none has risen yet. But I’ll still give it time.

Were you using tap water in your humidifier? A lot of people (myself included, once) make that mistake. You should use RO or distilled water or it will coat your filter in a white powder (calcium?) and clog it.

2 Likes

I used distilled, I bvb used tap water the first time, and read distilled will be ok, but that clogged also! Bah, oh well

You have some time before you need to transplant. Rule of thumb is when the leaves would touch or go outside the rim of the cup. Waiting will give them time to establish good roots. The roots will help keep the soil together during transplanting.

Right now it looks like you applying the correct amount of water. Then leaves should not droop. Droopy leaves can mean both too dry and too wet. Just a little water between the plant and cup. You want the roots to be looking for water. Unfortunately is is a feel/experience thing as to how much water is needed. I have a much better understanding now that I am on the back third of my first grow.

1 Like

Yes I will change my water to filtered water today. Thank you

Thanks for the info. I just feel like there are things that I could be doing that I am not. When trying to bring the PH down, do I check the water before applying? If so, what should it read? If I am only spraying the surface, how is it reaching (enough for) the rest of the soil? Do I need to add soil back to the cup since it was spilled?

I would top the cups offf with new soil. The plants are at that stage where they do not need a lot of attention. Be thankful, that can change quickly. You could water sparingly around the outside of the cup, just put a ring around them. If you have enough soil fill another cup then feel how much it weighs. Slowly add water feeling how much it weighs after a set amount. This will give you an idea of how much water it takes to over water, that is truly the biggest error to be made right now.

What brand of organic soil are you in? If it is dirt then you should target 6.5 for pH. If it is a ProMix type the 5.8-6.2.

Soil is burpee organic seed starting mix. I’m going for 6.5, I been testing the soil, not the water

How did you rest the soil?

What do you mean rest the soil?

prob ment test.

1 Like

Oh, test. I have a ph tester that goes into the soil.

You need a PH and PPM pens

Yes I am aware, I ordered 1 today

1 Like

Yes test.