3 Gorilla Glue 1st time grower. Please chime in

It has been 5 days since my seeds opened up and i planted them 1 sprouted after 24hrs and the other 2 barely sprouted after 48hrs.
Today GG1 is towering and looking good (i think) but the other 2 are looking slugish and droopy. I tested ph levels today and i am at 7.0 I was at 6.5 when i was using tap water, but now i switched to filtered fridge water. I dont know which 1 to use. I have applied no nutrients and i am maintaining 67-73 degree F temp. 40-60% humidity, still trying to control better. Right now, they are under florecent lights I feel like there is something i need to do, but not entirely sure what. I thought i was ready, but definately not. Just dont want my girls to die. @zparkie2 @Bubblehead @dbrn32 @Verndoc

6 Likes

Humidity is low for the seedlings, and you need to keep the ph around the 6.5 going in for organic soil, some soil mediums go lower in PH, what type organic soil is it ?

2 Likes

They all look pretty good to me. The one that’s a little taller than the others may be reaching for more light. You can lower your fixture gradually and see how they react. And the long stem can be buried a little higher when you transplant. Make sure you have good drainage in those cups, and you can put the bottom of a plastic bottle over them to use as a makeshift humidity dome. They like it more humid at this stage. You’re off to a good start :+1:

7 Likes

They look good.

At his stage they need very little water. Over watering is the biggest issue when they are this age. GG has a little stretch going on you my want to lower the light or raise the cup. What kind of light are they under now? One way to keep humidity up is by placing a plastic sandwich bag on the cup like a tent. Or you could cut a plastic pop bottle and put over them.

3 Likes

@Bubblehead jinx :smile:

3 Likes

Organic Soil - What kind specifically? Some are bad for seedlings.
Could stand to get the temp up a little
Plants don’t look too bad and don’t need food yet.
t5 fluorescent cool white is what you can use. Seedlings don’t need much.
Others w more knowledge will chime in. DONT overwater!
My2Cents
:v:

2 Likes

Get some aloevate or something similar for foliage spray and feed additive really helps the plant and the soil.

1 Like

I think the others have you set. Biggest thing at this stage is not to over water.

3 Likes

I had the light (35w florecent) 2 in over the cup and raised it when GG1 started towering. Then i put 2& 3 on a strainer. Ill raise all 3 back up. I have a decent size hole in the bottom of all 3 cups. My soil is moist and yes, my main fear right now is over watering. I have burpee organic seed starting mix right now. What should humidity be? Do i need to buy something to bring the ph levels down?

You’ll definitely at least want to get a meter to test the pH of what you’re feeding and your runoff. Here’s a great article about humidity levels: https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/marijuana-and-humidity/

I would shoot for 50-70% humidity. I don’t use soil but if I remember correct ph of water should be 6.0-7.0 targeting 6.5. If that is incorrect someone will be by soon to correct me. Cannabis likes a slightly acidic soil. This is what a lot of use to adjust the pH of the water going in. If you haven’t read Roberts Groww bible you may want to check it out. Another good resource is grow weed easy dot com and of course this forum. Keep asking we all want to see you succeed.

Yep, the sweet spot is 6.5 in soil, between 6.3 - 6.8 is best. And I second the Grow Bible read! It has a ton of great info.

At this point you are at the beginning and the only thing that stands out is humidity, buy one of these and crank it up for at least the first month. Good Luck and hope you have a successful grow !

Continuously on? I put mine on a timer cus it went up to 95% i just read in the article that was posted a few comments up to be around 70% and drop 5 every week until i grt to 40%

Watch how much humidity your tent gets in it from a humidifier. It can screw your filter, and make it so heat doesn’t escape. If your floor and wall lining is water proof, you can spray the walls, for shorter term effect to raise humidity. I grow in the garage now, didn’t know how to handle humidity, so just kept a dome over them, until it was ok. If you vent the dome to much. It will not work as well. If you have some sort of temp controller, you can put a small heater in there. I paired a small desk heater in my small veg tent. With the AC Infinity T4 exhaust. I keep the tent on 77, and the exhaust adjust the speed up and down to match my 77 setting. Works brilliantly

1 Like

What I did is found a happy spot by adjusting the humidifier and exhaust fan and it keeps it at 55 % . I know that’s moisture in the air Australian charcoals are absorbing it but I haven’t had a failure yet. Maybe just lucky.

1 Like

My exhaust is off right now, should i turn it on?
Fyi 419 is a great number.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have clogged two filters with a humidifier. Sucks, but got got free replacements

1 Like

Its hard to say, if you use passive intake, and have the exhaust off. Then, you aren’t circulating the air in the tent. A fan blowing in there also to circulate is needed, but won’t provide new air inside. With the exhaust on, you want to create negative pressure to keep odors in, and air being sucked it from the outside.

Well I might clog this one, I moved to new area and the ambient humidity is around 20 % so I am forced into this during veg. I want to be around 55 % till flower then I draw it down each week. Happy Growin !

1 Like