3/6 seeds didnt' germinate

@Onelow51 is the perfect pH a good tool to have?
id need 2 of them cause I got 2 5 gallon buckets…
whats the range your pH sits at. I find I have to use gloves to work with the plants the solution burns my hands. its acidic.

been having a hard time with the seeds i bought. this was what I found just recently. it looks like its died. any suggestions???

1 Like

I sprayed a little water and put a screw across to support it maybe it will strengthen the stem a little more and continue growing.

1 Like

I would almost say it needs to be deeper. The bottom of the exposed stem is awfully light in color, tap roots dont like light. Also, you may need to assist it with getting the seed cap off, its called “helmet head”. It may push it off in a day or two though if it survives. I dont do rockwool or hydro though, so maybe im wrong.

1 Like

It seems to have uprooted itself as I look closer a second time. Instead of the roots pushing through the bottom, it pushed the whole seedling out of the media.

1 Like

I have a 2nd seed thats got a long stringy tap root. it grows thru the bottom to the clay pellets. but it doesnt want to turn into a seedling. i put some great white on the rockwool hole and a little water around the rockwool. wait and see I guess. im having trouble getting a seedling. @DefNSmokn

I am a first time grower.
attempting to plant seeds in rockwool supported by clay pellets.
the seeds germinate then when I plant them they are unsuccessful.
is it possibly the growing medium im using?
any suggestions? I am wondering if its the rockwool.
Im trying to grow a seedling to transplant it to my dwc system.

The stuck seed husk is a problem,
What light and how far away is it?

1 Like

Its a humidity dome light.
t5 florescent just sits ontop of the plastic cover.
that seedling is dead. i have another 1 in rockwool with a long stringy taproot. i put some great white in the hole and just waiting to see if it grows to a seedling. i couldnt get the helmet off without killing the seedling accidentally.
@Spiney_norman

1 Like

Stretching and falling over is always lack of light.
The stuck husk prevents the primary leaves from gathering light.
Stretching happens so fast you have 1 day to address it.

1 Like

I merged your other topic because it’s the same. Please don’t start multiple topics for the same issue.

1 Like

ok. so that seedling failed because the seed was keeping the leaves from absorbing light. hopefully the next seed will do better. wait and see i guess. i re planted it.

it seems like i’m not having any luck with rock wool.
whats another good growing medium for dwc?
@Myfriendis410

1 Like

You are kinda stuck with rock wool (rapid rooters) unless buying one of the more expensive starters. RR’s are tricky: they can hold enough water to dampen off the sprout before it has a chance to take hold. I think the key is to soak the RR then wring it out so it’s only slightly damp. This will be under a clear dome and 24 hour lighting. Upper 70’s temp is ideal. Mist inside of clear dome twice per day for the seedling: use distilled or R/O water and no need to PH. Always keep in mind the sprout will collect all of it’s moisture from the air around it until a taproot is established (about 10 days)

I got a seed with a tap root.
Its been planted. just doesnt want to grow into a seedling. ill spray the dome and keep waiting I guess.

Paper towel method - never use a cup esp for older seeds

I use rockwool. I soak the rockwool in ph water then put the seed right in it. I go about 1/2 an inch deep and cover it with the rockwool but just lightly.
I put it in a bowl and cover with a zip lock and put them in the dark. Works for me