3-5 fan leafs! Super silver haze fem

Is there something going on with my plant that I should be aware of ? Only seeing 3-5 fan leaves and it’s a Sativa plant looks like indica leaves I’m super confused on the feminized plant

4 Likes

As the plant grows amd grts bigger and stays in good helth you shoupd get more fingers per leaf and as for the feminized part that means the seeds are feminized so when your plant grows it is a 98% going ro be a female plant as ypu dont want males as they dont give you the flowers you want non feminized seeds are just called regular seeds

4 Likes

Your experience how does the plant look ? Should I be alarmed in anyway?

3 Likes

You can’t reliably pick out sativa versus indica based on fan leaf width. Like liesgrows said, the plant will gain leaf fingers as it matures and puts up more nodes.

It’s easier to evaluate health with pics taken in natural, white light. It’s impossible to see color and texture with the purple lighting. That said, it appears healthy.

5 Likes

Looking fine.
Even among the science community the leaf shape of Indica vs Sativa is debated as to whether it really is true indicator of species. In fact there is even debate about if Indica and Sativa are different plant species.

2 Likes

I’m perplexed by the indica versus sativa debate and I’ve never seen a scientific definition of the differences in effects. The arguments are all subjective. The formal, scientific term for marijuana is “cannabis sativa.” imho trichome maturity is a far better predictor of the “sleepyness” of a harvest.

4 Likes

Reason I put Sativa is cause the strain I pitched here was super silver haze 90% “cannabis Sativa”. I was wonder the whole fingers on the plant. Throws me off looking like I’m missing fingers. The BLUE spectrum light is turned on with veg. I’ll take a white light picture. later today

3 Likes

The plant should put up an additional 2 leaves with each successive node. Thirteen to 15 seems to be the limit for a mature plant.

3 Likes

Should I top it after 6 nodes or let it ride ?your thoughts

I usually top above the fifth real node, with the first node being the first 3 leaved leaf set.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Noobgrowguy. keepem growin!!!

3 Likes

I was only making a comment about how its kind of a fluid definition sometimes. I dont really know squat.
But leaf shape and number of fingers is just a genetic lottery. Look up Australian Bastard Cannabis to see some wild plants.

5 Likes

Wow those look funky lol I has the first two stout leaves looks weird as hell . Check it lol

2 Likes

That’s quite common. I personally think its a byproduct of all the genetic breeding done. Seedlings of modern cannabis strains are not as hearty as the old bag weed we used to grow. You see a lot of wonky leaves at first and lots of people lose seedlings until they learn how to germinate and keep them alive until they get a few weeks old and then they are almost invincible. The first couple weeks they are very easy to kill.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right I did lose 2 they didn’t germinate. Then I lost one for over watering or drowning them I guess in rock wool. This one looked the ugliest of them and now look at it . It’s glorious! Haha wrote down everything I did and eliminated what I messed up on. Smells gassy. Just little questions I have here and there y’all are great!

1 Like

Plant looks good to me. Be easier to see without the blurple light on.

1 Like

I have the pic with reg lights but the blue veg light is strong lol

1 Like

And the other plant?

2 Likes

Look great :call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

Just one plant

2 Likes