3/23/2022 Super Skunk Feminized - 2nd DWCR

4/24/2022

Dope eating insects. Just like happened to Ricky in grade 8!

@dbrn32
@HappyHydroGrower
@MeEasy
@CygnusX1

You were right. Here they are.

I did not see any on the affected plant, but on its neighbor.

I gave all of my plants a solid dusting of this…
Jack’s

I have some questions.

Is this the right stuff?

Can I keep my lights on?

Should I reapply after a certain time frame?

Thank you all! Savthe day!

:beers: to all…

2 Likes

Is this a spider mite or something else like a clover mite?

@dbrn32
@HappyHydroGrower
@MeEasy
@CygnusX1

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s a spider mite but I’m the furthest guy away from an expert around they come in prolly a dozen colors but I know it’s the number of legs that tells you 4sure I just don’t remember that number sorry (prolly 8). The best bug guy I know is @Lacewing but all of the others you tagged are most likely much better than I :laughing: that dead bug is what I use except I use the liquid being powder you can use it whenever you want lights won’t make a difference, unless it says something about it I haven’t read it

4 Likes

Whatever it is, it’s damaging your plant leaves. Best to get rid of them.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower @merlin44 may know what it is and tips to treat it. Congrats on finding it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag…I don’t know what that is but it certainly appears to be a pest of some sort. Others are much, much better at this sort of diagnosis than I am.

1 Like

That’s definitely a spider mite.

If you use Google Picture search it points you to Acari, which the spider mite is part of that family. Of the species listed the spider mite is most common in weed agriculture.

You want the Jacks spray not the powder. Though I guess you could do the soil post watering with the powder.

Shortly before lights out you need to glove up and absolutely soak the plant - every square inch of it - to the bone. You need to treat all the plants - not just where you see them - every single one has to be treated or you’re just moving them from plant to plant and eventually they’ll kill them all.
You’ll have to treat them multiple times and switch to a different treatment as mites adapt pretty quickly to a poison and the next generation will have a certain amount of immunity to the last treatment you used.
Even then it’s still gonna be a tall order to clean out 10 plants in an enclosed space.
If you don’t treat and completely drench every leaf on every plant you might as well not do any of them because they will come back and they’ll come back stronger.

It took me a solid week + some of treatments every other night to get rid of them from 2 plants in a tent.
I used CJDB for mites and Garden Safe Mite killer spray - the official name escapes me ATM.
I just had a sweet treat from my Betty Crocker Wake and Bake oven - or what I call my bong!

The good thing is - if they survive you won’t have to worry about leftover poison on the leaves or anything as young as they are those leaves will be long gone before flowering even starts.
And it might slow down the progress some but a heavy defol before treating will help your poison go further and less places for the bastards to hide.

Best of Luck to you!!!

3 Likes

This stuff?

2 Likes

That’s the stuff. If you can find the concentrate, it’ll last you a lot longer.

I also use Neem oil (any brand, it’s all the same sh!t) - one week on CJDB, 2-3 days on Neem, then back to CJDB again. Mostly I hate the smell of Neem oil so I use more CJDB than anything else but Neem works like a charm.

1 Like

yup - that’s the one I used, then alternated with this -

https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Safe-Insecticidal-Insect-Killer/dp/B000BWY6K2/ref=sr_1_7?crid=18VOOV6ZKOMBK&keywords=garden+safe+mite+spray&qid=1650915902&sprefix=garden+safe+mite+spray%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-7

2 Likes

@Graysin
@Covertgrower
@HappyHydroGrower
@Tylersays
@Lacewing

Is this the proper concentrate?

4 Likes

Yup - that’s the one.

2 Likes

Here they are… trimmed up, looking sad with CJDB powder on them…

I’ll get the liquid concentrate tomorrow and apply.

Question: When I use the liquid, the lights must be out

Before:

After:

I took some (8) clippings from the very bottom of 4 of the plants. I put them in my Clone King.

2 Likes

Yes, you want to do at lights out

You have a very nice setup :wink: kick some bug azz :muscle:

2 Likes

Thank you my virtual friend! :beers:

3 Likes

4/28/2022

Topped them all just above the 5th node.
1 is a little small, but thats how it works sometimes.

Spider Mites seem to be gone. :tada:

As of today, pruned and topped.:

2 Likes

Keep treating for a good 7 days even if they look done. Mites are like a bacterial infection. Can’t stop the antibiotics prematurely :joy::v:

3 Likes

More of the same.

1 Like

That ain’t a bad thing.:v:

3 Likes

Thats the truth!

1 Like