2x4 CBD auto cheese grow

The distance the tall ones that are in flower to the little ones just breaking seed was what I was worried about hence asking your advice.

@MattyBear @HappyHydroGrower @PurpNGold74
What do you think about the netting considering the age of these plants? My buddy is saying remove the netting, twist and bend the main stock 6 inches down and trim the low veg.

Note to self never grow things at different times lol… To complex in the same space.

1 Like

Just put the smaller ones on top of a bucket or crate if you’re worried about it. But they would probably do fine a little further away too

3 Likes

@MattyBear lol you just loved my post no advice on plant training strategie here?

Anyone else have any idea? Like I said my buddy said twist the top 6 inches and trim the lower stuff.
The reading I have done sais don’t trim because those leaves all absorb light and thus help the plant grow wait till they are dieing or something

Is it an auto? Generally autos don’t like to be stressed but if it is healthy and bushy cutting a part of it off and maybe even using it as a clone won’t hurt. You don’t want to do this in flower as you leader will become your big bud, but if it’s early in the process you might be OK.

The plants are about 2-3 weeks into flower and they are photos not autos.
Not interested in clones right now to be honest

How much space do you have between the tops and the light? You may be OK. You might get some foxtailing on the top buds but it won’t degrade potency.

1 Like

I can’t measure for another 3hr lights are off what are you recommending ?

If I do what they might foxtail? Sorta lost here that’s why I’m asking because I don’t have time to read up right now and I would have trained them alot better from the start but I’m. At where I’m. At so I either leave em as is or someone makes a recommendation and guides. Me through how to do what they are recommending

I can raise lights still…
Just trying to figure out in my last night at home. If I should do anything to these flowering ones before I leave for 24 days and my roommate just controls PH

I’d just leave your schedule and light where they are and when you return you can assess. Foxtailing occurs later in flowering process as the bud build upon itself (bulking up).

1 Like

Ahhhh okay, I see now.
I’ll. Measure. Distance of light in 3hr when lights go on maybe I should just tie the two high peaks down or bend them a bit?
I’ll be gone for 24 days…

2 Likes

I would leave the netting. Flowers take president over seeds imo. I’ve heard of people super cropping while in flower especially if it’s just one or two branches. I think you’ll still have plenty of light getting to your seedlings if you set them under the net. I’m sure others might can give a more informative view on this. How high is the light from the seedlings. I think worse case scenario your seedlings might stretch a little if you set them under the net, but there are ways around that such as burring them a little deeper when it comes time to transplant. They’ll be fine.

2 Likes

I agree. The autos will catch up. Just have your roommate strap them down to the net when they start to crawl through. They may get a bit leggy (reaching for the light). Let them go after they show signs of flower. Your photos should stop their stretch soon.

2 Likes

As another thought you could raise the autos temporarily to the lights so they don’t reach as much by putting them up on a crate or bucket.

2 Likes

Seeds sitting on netting are currently 15inches from cfl… Not ideal for sure but they will be fine their growing.

Now my tallest point is only 7 inches from the led light… What do we think about that?
Here is an updated picture

Edit: yeah I should place something under the 2 pots when I transplant them until They grow… Just trying to think what I have available lol I Geuss there are perks to keeping all that useless junk my parents and friends have where as I’m a bit of a use it toss it or sell it type guy. Also just moving into my first home I haven’t acquired stuff yet lol

1 Like

@dbrn32 well look what showed up a day early!

QB 3000k V2 320xl!

5 Likes

Sweet! You’ll be cooking with steam

1 Like

Transplanted the two autos into final pots, a little seeding soil around the plug area, surrounded with happy frog and bottom 3/4 of pot is ocean forest, gogo dollar store grow dorms!! These things are expensive online but they just happen to have em at the dollar store woot.
Oh and I forgot the myko but scooped out some solid and added it… Not the greatest but I didn’t want to stress the plants to much.
Finally got a watering can it does a much better job of not disturbing the Damascus earth from the top layer.

Top of largest cola is 7 1/2 inches… Thoughts?
@MattyBear
Didn’t touch the dimmer, does it come at full strength… I should probably go check that eh @dbrn32?

2 Likes

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. You should definitely check

1 Like

Was at 75% at full blast now. Thoughts on the distance to colas?

1 Like

You should probably run it a little less from full power right now then gradually increase it. I’d probably put it about 24" at reduced power for few days to let plants acclimate, then lower to about 20" and repeat again lowering to like 16-18". If everything looks good there you can start increasing power every few days too.

2 Likes

I agree with @dbrn32 about the light. I don’t run full power until I’m 2-3 weeks into flower

2 Likes