2x2x5 Skunk problems

First timer for indoor. 2nd timer grower.
Mars Hydro 1000 light appx 700mm above seedling 18/6 cycle
Skunk photo feminised
Germinated in a plug then planted into coco permalite mix
6.5 ph tap water with cal/mag

As you can see in the pics, yellowing leaves and stunted growth imho. I started lights at 25% and then increased to 70% after a week. I have since turned back to 30%. It seems to have gone from quite healthy looking to a bit crook
Questions are, is 30% about right? And should i be using cal/mag this early?

3 Likes

I think a little more info is needed

Ohh geez its severy light deprived try something closer to 350 mm at 50% and even that might be a lil low, also your ph is to high 5.8-6.0 is needed in coco for proper nitrogen intake

You’re over watering… your plant at this stage is taking drops of water… based on your pic you’re doing much more than that.
What soil are you growing in?
If that coco a whole nother game.

1 Like

Growing in a coco/perlite mix.
@beachglass I thought i had put in most details. Picture shows the temp and humidity. I dont know what TDS reading would be though.

You need to treat coco like hydro. Your ph should be 5.8 also coco has no nutrients so your going to need to feed

3 Likes

Real quick ( from someone who has used plugs). If over watered, will produce large amounts of deficiencies. I prefer a paper towel to soil setup or paper towel to hydroton setup.

The deficiency looks more nitrogen oriented (do not over nute). This could be due to pH imbalance, nitrogen deficiency, phosphorus abundance, Silica block, Manganese abundance, Magnesium/Calcium deficiency, etc.

Don’t freak until it looks grim.

4 Likes

Looks hungry, coco should have a PH range of 5.6-5.9 and when this is out of range certain micro and macro nutrients are taking in. Lacking nitrogen from my 1st observation :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I agree with other members u need to feed them because ur in coco and ur ph is to high 5.8-6.0

3 Likes

Yes …As stated above they need food. pH needs to be 5.8
Coco is completely devoid of any plant food. You have to feed from day 1.
What is your planned plant food?

1 Like

@Spiney_norman Bro, you just prompted me to review the advice given to me.
Have now made up a tea of Part 1 and Part 2, some root nutes, cal/mag and dropped ph to 5.7
Not sure of brand of 1 and 2 will check when im home

2 Likes

Hope that has NPK :love_you_gesture:

EC is 1.3 a little on the high side but will even out a bit i think with water already in the coco

I have set my light at 30% and lowered it to 18 inches. Fingers crossed seedling will come right.

1 Like

Not too bad, EC of 1.0 is where I’m at during the seedling stage :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@OGIncognito
Thanks Mate. I have adjusted the rest of my water to EC1.0 and PH 6.0

1 Like

You betcha Grow Bro :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Here is a bit of an update. I think the pics says it all.
Thank you to all the fellas that have helped me with your advice

I dont really have control over the humidity and temp due to location. Some days its 55 others it is 90, temps range from 20-33 celcius. I do have a fan in the room.
It is still looking quite compact. As previously mentioned i have adjusted the light height and intensity so will wait for the next set of nodes to see what they look like. So glad i got fem photo seeds. Gives me a chance to experiment and get things right

@OGIncognito @Aussie_autos @Spiney_norman
A pic from today. Thanks for your input
Ive turned the light down a little more just to get a bit of stretch before topping and some LST

3 Likes

Right on. Nice and healthy looking and big difference in color :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Raise it to promote greater node spacing :love_you_gesture:

1 Like