2Waters First Grow

Congratulations, you’re a parent. Don’t pick out colors, just yet. Sexing could be fun, or not.
Good growintg to you

2 Likes

Thanks! They are feminized seeds, so hopefully i dont stress them out too much!

From experience, if you want them to hermi, flip for 12/12 for 2 weeks and then 24/0
I got 30% males, from the female showing plants. Not advised, but a potential source for breeding needs.

Good to know, but just starting my first grow. Haven’t thought about breeding yet

Been on my mind since I was fourteen.
No longer a concern, just saying.
Good growing to you.

3 Likes

We still talking about the same thing, lol?

Jumping on board

2 Likes

Glad to have you along

2 Likes

Here’s today’s pics. 5 days old. I think I over watered them a little, let them dry over Sunday and gave a light water today. Definitely watering correctly is my main focus, especially since I chose to use a 5 gallon pot start to finish. I will update again on Wednesday (end of first week), and just post weekly from then on. Or unless I run into problems. Also received my supplemental lighting for flower. 2x 40w Shzlux light bars. Hung and tested, and sheesh they are bright! That brings me up to 320+ watts. :grin:

Ok, so I was a little busy last night, so I forgot to post up pics. Here are the girls at exactly 1 week from sprouting. Maintaining 69-75 degrees F, 70-75rh. Still watering with diluted coconut water, and last night got their first weekly addition of 2tbsp of raw honey. Been battling dialing in watering, but i think i got it figured out for now! What do you guys think for 1 week old?

1 Like

I like it, no damage deformities or mutants. Decent color green

1 Like

Thanks!

:v: check with somebody watering every two days sounds like more than them could use. Unless it’s evaporating off the topsoil fast @Underthestairs @DEEPDIVERDAVE @Bunger64 can we get another opinion

2 Likes

Since I grow in Coco I water daily. Soil wouldn’t typically be that way but can be. Oftentimes I would imagine when people are watering too frequently it’s a question of the pot size being large enough or not watering to run off, which should be done in increments slowly so that you aren’t just dumping water and nutes through hydrophobic soil

3 Likes

thanks I knew youre a guru of sorts must have posted some awesome bud pics and I thought thats who knows what theyre talking about…

3 Likes

Hahaha! I appreciate that compliment Jay :metal:

I’m just a dude who joined a great forum and read a ton. Asked for help when I didn’t know. And now I enjoy the success the great people around here helped me achieve.

3 Likes

Thanks @Underthestairs! Its been confusing trying to figure out the best watering schedule! Ive read you have to have a wet/dry cycle, then every other day, then constantly moist, but not wet for cocoa, lol! Glad there are so many knowledgeable and helpful people around here!

1 Like

I think the other thing that threw me off was the idea of watering by height. I kept filling in the pot, so they are alot taller than the look, maybe that might be the ticket?

1 Like

I see, hey roots still growing out on them looking for water and stuff… wanting to keep life in the soil, yeah the top should be moist but that’s the hard part, not getting too much in there while learning your pots. Maybe not deeply but water across the top away from the plant. I see people suggesting a ring a few inches away from the plant

3 Likes

Thanks. Ive been focus around the center and lightly working around the edges. Watered about half gallon in each today, just until #1 started having a little run off. They have been thirstier than i expected, lol!