2nd. year newbie needs advise!

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to the Grow Support category:

This is my second season, first one produced small, unusable buds.
A friend told me when he replants his new plants he buries the plant just past the first set of leaves. Is this a good idea for me to try ? I start out planting the seeds in peat pods, the over to 6" pots, and then i plant them outdoors. [quote=“Bill9, post:1, topic:92501, full:true”]
Continuing the discussion from Welcome to the Grow Support category:

Hi I’m a beginner and have not gotten any thing out of 15 plants last year I have 11 this year out of the 1st group there are 2 plants planted 6/15 autoflower Processing: 97E138CB-006C-48A0-82CC-37DD754A854A.jpeg…
Uploading: D3BB97D2-3475-4ACD-817B-E4A99A2B359A.jpeg…
Uploading: 80E1129E-52E2-42D1-8EE7-E80ED3695E61.jpeg…
Uploading: 28AD1635-BAC3-4346-A3B3-43705C1AF157.jpeg…
There ppm for the wellwater is 57 and ph is 7.86 is this ok to mix with distilled water for the plants ? Here are the smaller ones some are budding even though they are small.

[/quote]

2 Likes

That 7.8 ph is to high but at 57ppm im not sure if thats even enough tds to get a soild accurate reading.
If you cut that well water with distilled water that would drop the tds in the well water makeing tje ppm even lower and even harder to get an accurate reading on ph levels…

I would advise to add just enough cal-mag or any nutrients really to just the well water to get ppm reading upto 100ppm then ph down to 6.5ph and this may improve your experience.
Other things can contribute to small yeilds but from the information so far that would be where I’d start…

What are they growing in, what are your watering habits, and what supplemental nutrients (if any) do you use would be some questions that could maybe give us more ideas…

Edit: I forgot to explain why tds needs to be at 100ppm or more to get a accurate reading, but basically with low tds theres nothing for the “current” to go though to read. Google “can u adjust ph of distilled water” for a more detailed understanding then i can put into words :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This is correct for most ph testers.

Auto flowers. These aren’t about being nig or small, its the time until they start flowering. So basically up to you to get them to grow as fast as possible if you’d like large well producing plants.

Also wondering about how much light transmission you’re getting on your greenhouse covering? It appears that it would not let all lugjt through. If you’re restricting light transmission could have negative effects on your plants.

4 Likes