2nd try on indoor grow

Started new grow 12/19 . put 3 seeds in and 2are already popped. Using jiffy pot to start in. Will be growing in soil any suggestions on what works best for ph and nutes thanks ahead of time

3 Likes

I would give jacks and coco a try. Give them the same feeding ratios from seed to harvest.

2 Likes

At what age?and how far should my lights be from them

1 Like

What soil do you plan to use?

I’m thinking happy frog

1 Like

Not really sure yet

For nutrients…Jsck’s 321. Easy to use and takes less space than say if you have all of Fox Farm nutrients.

Soil….that is a personal choice. I use FFOF top dressed with FFHF.

2 Likes

If you haven’t bought the medium yet then I would make the move over to coco. The only downfall to coco is you will have to water daily.

3 Likes

Will that keep me from over watering? As I have a problem doing

3 Likes

In coco it’s near impossible to over water. Coco will only hold so much water.

4 Likes

Ok I will definitely give it a try thanks

1 Like

Started in FFOF using FF powder and liquid trio. Am now using Coco and Jack’s and won’t go back.

6 Likes

Thanks. I will definitely give it a try

1 Like

Another vote for Jacks 321. Get some MKP to add during flowering for that extra boost for the buds. You could also use Recharge or FishShit for an extra boost. I believe if you go to each site, Real Growers Recharge and Fishhead Farms, you can get a sample pack to give it a try before you commit. They’re not cheap - but the results show they’re worth it.

If you don’t want the hassle of daily watering you could try Mother Earth’s Coco/Peat blend. It’s also difficult to over water and I find I only have to water every third day. It’s a low nute charge in the soil so it won’t burn the young plants. A lot of growers have had problems with Ph issues in FF soils.

Speaking of - General Hydroponics Ph Up and Down are the most commonly used probably. There are natural ways and of course other chemical brands.
They all do about the same thing, just make sure it’s safe for horticultural use.

Best of Luck with your grow!!

1 Like

Already have ph up. And organic nutes that have gotten really good rates. Thanks for the info tho

Just offering opinions on your original question! :smiley:

1 Like

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

4 Likes

Two are up and the hull is off. How long before I put in bigger containers

2 Likes

same, coco is so much better than soil…if you have time to water lol.

1 Like