2nd try first try from seed!

I have a seed of Afghan kush and CBD shock and a random seed from a bag of cinex. I have the seeds in a damn paper towel on a plate sitting in my small tent no lights on. It’s been a week and nothing has happened with any of the seeds. Any advice on the germination process or advice on ways to plant the lil girl when she starts to sprout. I have ffof left over from my 1st try and was wondering will that be to hot to start the lil girl in?

Yes, ocean forest can be too hot for babies. Get some cheap seed starting potting soil to start them in. By the time they’re big enough to transplant they’ll do fine in the ocean forest.

For germination, I use a shot glass and fill it with distilled water and add 1/2 capful of hydrogen peroxide. Put it in a warm, (around 80*) dark place. Typically within 24-32 hrs they have popped their tails. Then into the clear solo cup of seed starting mix.

4 Likes

Same here I’ve always soaked them first for 24 hrs or so in a small cup with a dab of peroxide. Ive been successful with just straight tap water at the beginning… I now pH it to 6ish but as soon as it pops into the dirt. I’ve also used ffof for a seedling but I did cut it with 50% top soil.

3 Likes

I did soak for 18hrs but I didn’t use any peroxide is it to late to soak it again?

No ive soaked some for over 48 hrs… your Paper towels haven’t dried up at all in that week ? Why don’t you try under the b room sink or on top of an electric device that stays warm but dark.

@LoCoRock I work 12 hrs and the paper towels did dry up did I kill the seeds?

If they where soaked and ready to crack or just barely cracked… ya that’s not good. I would still soak them for a day or 2 & then wet paper towel them again. Make sure it’s wet enough to go 12 or 20 hrs. That’s not too much to ask I’ve worked same schedule and been successful. Good luck mate!!

2 Likes

Settle down, nothing to get worked up about lol

Totally kidding. They’re probably okay, and just haven’t taken on enough water to ‘pop’ yet. I soak mine like @Bobbydigital and @LoCoRock, too. At this point, instead of soaking again, I’d toss them in some starting mix, whatever you prefer, and keep it damp, dark, and warm. I wouldn’t give up on them yet, but you might put a backup plan in place, in case.

1 Like

You got good advice. The water with peroxide trick works although I add a bit more daily until the seed husk cracks and I start to see a tap root. Then it goes directly into a Solo cup of coco. Put a clear cup over the lower one (which should have a crap-ton of holes poked in it) as a dome and just mist distilled water into the dome twice a day for all of the moisture the plant needs.

FYI: until the seedling develops a taproot it will acquire all of it’s moisture from the air through it’s leaves, and the seed has everything it needs up until you transplant into soil. Nothing but distilled water (if using distilled or R/O straight it does not need to be PH’d).

2 Likes

You can put your seed in the paper towel and seal it i a plastic sandwich container, you know the ones with the clip sides on the lid. Keeps the moisture in. I open mine 2 times a day just to let fresh air in it.