2nd Maui x LSD grow

The 1st Maui x LSD is 2-4 weeks away from finish. I got the girls getting ready to go in their place. 7 Seeds were soaked in RO water on 5-25-19. 4 sprouted tails and were put into cups with 1/4cup Kind soil and topped with EB Whites Organic seedling mix on 5-28-19. Three sprouted on 5-30, 1 on 5-31-19

The other 3 were put into paper towel as they were slow sprouting tails and they sprouted tails and were put into same cups on 5-31-19. All 3 sprouted up the next day 6-1-19.

Confused? I am. For simplicity I am going to call 5-31-19 the starting day for all

They are all doing well, 1 is stunted a bit but I think she will catch up.

So here is a pic today 6-9-19 which we will call day 10. The 4 with the tags are the first four and the 3 without are the 3 that were placed in paper towels.

3 Likes

On the biggest one I just looked and roots are poking out of the clear cup. I am going to get them transplanted today probably. I want to go straight to the 5 or 7 gal fiber pots but if I do that space is an issue until the others finish flowering in 3 weeks or so, so I may have to just go 1 gal then to 5 or 7.

2 Likes

They Look Nice Rap~ Not to far from hitting Veg,

I am right behind you with my girls. Hey is this your second journal?

1 Like

It is my second for Maui x LSD. I also have the Kind Soil BBK-CD-BD journal and the BGL and LSD journal.

1 Like

I see, I see… . hey, The line up looks great! I would love to try some of those strands, I have never tried LSD before.

The LSD in Mthe tent is between 4-6 weeks of harvest I think. An the other Maui x LSD are 2-4 weeks out I think. I took some trich shot yesterday they seem mostly cloudy and they are swelling fast.

@RAP sorry I have not followed your journals close enough to know, did you make the Maui X LSD cross?

Yes. I made them from a feminized LSD that near the end put out a single male pod on only 7 - 8 of the main leaf nodes on 2 branches of the plant. I had the Maui flowering at the same time and I collected the pollen from 2 of the single sacs and pollinated a single branch on the Maui. Everyone told me to destroy it and the seeds as I would pass on the herm trait. I am stubborn though and grew the seeds out . You can see them in my journal Maui x LSD. They are almost done and I see no sign of herm so far. I will not use them in my breeding program but I will continue to grow them for buds.

So far every one in the first grow was a female. I suspect that they all will be. I have over 100 seeds left off the branch.

I have Durban Poison and Super Skunk both regular seeds from ILGM and I have the Original Blueberry and Velvet Krush both regular seeds and both from DJ Short. Those I will use for my breeding program.

1 Like

I bumped 3 of the largest to 1 gal today as there were roots starting to come out of the bottom of the clear cup.

Here are the 1st 3 in 1 gals. Bottom right

2 Likes

Nice! Sounds like you have some good genetics to play with.

1 Like

I just put the 8 pellet plants into 1/4 cup Kindsoil and EB Whites Organic seedling mix in clear/red cups. Going to do the other 4 of the first 7 into 1 gals tomorrow.

2 Likes

Did the last 4 of the first 7 into 1 gals.

…Note to self, need bigger area.:thinking:

1 Like

I have all 15 seeds sprouted. I have the first 7 which were soaked and then 4 put in paper towels in 1 gals already. The other 8 that I started in peat pellets are all now in the 1/2 Kind soil/seedless mix cups. I think I will finally have to sacrifice a couple as with the DP and GDP I have too many plants.

2 Likes

Those are looking fantastic. Have you used Kind soil before? Are you planning on using it through flower?

2 Likes

Yes I have used it before. BBK-Cal Dream-Blue Dream in Kind Soil - #2 by HornHead

I was planning on using it again but I got a bunch of free FFOF bags so I am going to use it this time. I had a bag left from the other grow so I am using it in all my new seedling cups.

2 Likes

Haha sometimes that a good problem to have :wink:they all look fabulous :grin:

1 Like

I just bumped up 4 1 gal Maui x LSD. I had 3 5 gal fiber pots left so 3 went to those and the 4th went into a 3 gal RootMaker II fiber pot. I will see how they compare. I am out of 5 gal fiber but have 7 gal which are too big for me on this grow so I also have 10 of the 3 gal RootMaker II pots. I have 3 more 1 gal Maiu x LSD’s so I will probably use the 3 gal fibers for those also. Then it will be 3 in 5 gal and 4 in 3 gal for comparison. Then I have 7 more in cups still that are about ready to bump up. I could just go to 3 gals and flower them also or I may cull them.

I have DP1 and DP2 bumped up to 5 gals also. In the pic the DP1 plant in the top left corner. I just topped the Maui x LSD’s today.

1 Like

Got them all under the lights finally. Running out of room.

2 Likes