2nd Indoor Grow In Soil

I have decided to get a jump on my next grow. I am trying to root 2 GG#4 clones

and dropped 4 beans in H2O. 1 Sunset Sherbert 3 Early Miss Autos. I was planning on germinating in forever pot but put them in peat cups. I mixed 3 p black low compost 3 p peat moss 2 p pre wet perlite 1 p pre wet vermiculite. 3 will go in 5 gallon buckets and 1 EMA is going in 3 gal cloth pot. I’ll start them out with CFLs for now and see how it goes the 2nd time around!!! Hopefully I learned a little the 1st grow to help get better results my 2nd grow. With help from all my mentors here I should do better this time. Any suggestions or words of wisdom before I put them in their pots???

3 Likes

No no not again!!!

My first sprout looks like this since she popped her head out!!!:scream::scream::scream: the shell came off but no green.

1 Like

@Angie try to separate the sprout
it’s a little hard to see in your pic but sometimes they get stuck together and need a little help
Be very gentle use a needle or similar item

2 Likes

I’ll try and get a better pic.

I can see the cotys are trying to separate.

3 Likes

I would love to follow along Angie, hey Good luck with them and Blessings to ya!

1 Like

Get a dome over her to help with humidity. Spray the soil and the inside of the dome lightly a few times a day.

1 Like

Well thank you and you feel free to tag and any suggestions or comments!! Please!!:blush::blush:

Check her out @elheffe702. You helped me with the first skull cap…EMA at that!!

3 Likes

Still not fully out but she’s getting there so I’ll let her do her own thing.

Other than that they are all above ground!!! YAYYY!!! LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!!:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Shes doing good! All 4 are kicking!! Thanks for the words of wisdom!!:blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Nice Job!

Shoot it is off to the races now!

For me Angie, This is the hardest part, or at least for the last couple of Germination. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thank ya!! I’m in awe that all 4 seeds sprouted. Last couple of times were harsh!!:scream: Now if my clones root that would be awesome!!

2 Likes

Ha! Me too! Well see if I can get them to root. Haven’t shown signs yet. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I have a plan!!:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face: I want to start a couple of EMAs on the porch

and 1 EMA/1Sunset Sherbert inside. I can compare natural elements to artificial. I have 4 more EMA beans left so if the 2 outside cant hang then I’ll drop a couple more AND know better next time. Question about the front porch girls IS…Am i defeating the purpose by starting them outdoors and bringing them in the tent when they start to veg?

1 Like

I’ve brought outdoor plants inside. Worked for a while, then aphids!!! Think long and hard about inviting the outdoors in.

3 Likes

Didnt think about those little critters. They are bad around here. They would attack my neighbors day lilies. Yep good point!! Thanks​:wink::wink:

1 Like

What goes out, stays out.

2 Likes

Ok that sounds like a good rule to go by.:wink: I may just start an outdoor journal as well.:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

In fact, I’m even considering making like an ‘airlock’ going into my grow room to keep it as ‘clean’ as possible.

3 Likes

I brought them back to the veg room.

I’m not going outdoors. I’ve got too much invested in an indoor grow so I’ll just expand inside. Safer that way from bugs diseases neighbors cops!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow: anyways with a little more wirk this will do for now.

2 Likes