2nd growing dwc system and rookie

Nice! I’m thinking your in the 11th week overall, 4 or 5th week of flower right? My gold leaf here is at about week 12 of flower and week 18 overall.

3 Likes

@ItsPat I started week 11. Your girl looks great. Good luck. I have about 7-8 weeks for the harvest of my plant

2 Likes

@ItsPat Hello! How much water does your plant consume? How many days do you add nutritional water? What nute’s do you add? And how many gal reservoirs? My plant consumes approximately 3-4 liters of water per day. I add a few caps cal-mag every 3 days or other supplements depending on the situation. I’m going forward with my feelings.
green & peace!

At 11weeks overall I’m around the same water usage, 1-1.5 gallons of water a day. I usually try to feed no more than twice a week late in the grow, early in the grow once a week and support with extra as needed. Water till under 1000ppm in the bucket then add nutes direct to bucket usually on Monday and Friday (us my normal feed day). Once in a while I have a girl that needs food 3 times a week, but again that falls into judgement call. About 1/2 to 3/4 of the grow through I might flush (once full bloom starts) if her water usage goes way down or ph and ppm get to far off, otherwise I just keep adding at 1/2 to 3/4 strength the General Hydroponics/True schedule feedings. I’ll adjust the bloom and micro depending on how she looks. That Gold Leaf girl, she hasn’t had micro in last 5 weeks.

I run pretty much all Ghe nutes, micro, gro, bloom, diamond nectar, florablend, armor si, Floralucious plus, Koolbloom, dry koolbloom, and florakleen at the end.
I also use True nutes Complete Calmag (double strength of GHE calmag), and Signal (replaces floranectar).

I have used floranectar and rapid start in the past too. Rapid start works but is too pricing for me and I get pretty good roots as it is. Floranectar is hard to find and seemed to foul a couple of my buckets. Floralucious plus is a sticky stinky expensive make you plant smell wonderfully stinky supplement. It will make your roots turn a darker shade that looks like root rot, but the plants love that mess. I’ve started replacing the liquid koolbloom with dry koolbloom that is mixed down a bit. It’s not the exact same but it does the job at a cheaper price.

Last but not least Bionicare Hydroguard, I’m still not totally sold on this stuff. Looks and smells like water, and I didn’t see a significant help in the first grow I used it in. But it’s the cool season here where root rot isn’t likely as I’m heating water to keep the plants on schedule (I shoot for 68 at night and it creeps to 70-72 during lights on).

Side by side I found these switches from GHE to True good, but it’s not like I did a ton of testing. The cost is a little better for me on True so I will continue to switch where they work well. I also use these same nutes in the garden outside too for the regular broccoli.

Each 12gal HDX (home depot) bucket holds about 7 gallons of water to start with a single 3 inch net pot. I use rapid rooters to start and as soon as I see a plant she goes under 20/4 lights for 1-2 days then off to 18/6 for 6-8 weeks while I torture her. I think next grows will be a 12/12 from seed, I want to see if the time to harvest decrease outweighs the decrease in yield.

Side note I clipped my Gold Leaf a few days ago and trying a reveg on the plant to see what madness that will bring. You can see the end result of my little too aggressive manifolding on this plant. Ended up giving her a 70 degree bend before I realized the issue was so bad. She could have been so much more… we learn and go on.

And a little of the haul. I’m in a new space, haven’t quite gotten a drying area worked out so…

1 Like

Thank you very much for your precious time. I will carefully . I’m new grower yet😅
Your harvest looks good. How much does it weigh?

1 Like

Going find out in a few hours. Just about dry enough to jar

1 Like

2 Likes

Now the hard part, waiting and watching and trying not to f it all up :slight_smile: looking good!

1 Like

@ItsPat thank you very much!! :sweat_smile:I’m so excited. I feel that the small buds on the bottom do not swell. I think it will be clear in 2-3 weeks. Do you think small buds swell?For this I bought “general hydroponic” (bloom booster) and “ripen” for the last weeks.

1 Like

@420shpejt you might want to prune some of that lower growth if you want fewer but bigger buds. I just did that a couple days ago to this purple haze

Is that dry koolbloom your talking about? It works a treat the last week or two.

1 Like

Now I’m in the final stages of flowering.
I think there are about 5-6 weeks left for the harvest. Do you think the idea of pruning can stress the plant? This is the nute I’m talking about.

@420shpejt your on the outside of when I would do the pruning so safer to let it ride like you thinking. I let mine grow like that at times too. The gold leaf was. You’ll have some tiny popcorn but to give you and idea the bigger bud was from one of the top mains. The smaller is from the top of the lower growth.

I haven’t used that bloom booster before.

1 Like

Yes! Big top big bud🔥

2 Likes

You want to be careful using supplemental nutrients from different manufacturers. These products are designed to be blended with each other and none of them have made any effort to make them work with competing nutrient lines.

You should also be cautious of using anything with a high amount of P and K as too much P too early can shut the plant down and lock out nutrients.

Just an FYI.

2 Likes

I pay attention to the use of nutes and constantly observe. I keep the reservoir at 19 degrees with a cold water bottle. I have a terrible English, I was able to do so with the help of translation. Thank you very much for your help!! :green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

@420shpejt what is your primary language? Primary for me is English but I speak a bit of French, Italian, Spanish.

We don’t speak the same language as you. What I think is important is that I can come to this level without knowing this language, by researching English sources.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m late to this thread here so maybe it’s already been addressed but it looks like pollen sacs on the Tangie

2 Likes