2nd Grow Z-Kittles, Converted My Closet

Multiple strains in a 4x4 all 8 top manifolds couple have been supercopped young some yesterday to form a flat canopy to optimize my junk spider farmer lights

4 Likes

Great shot of the super crop. I have not used that technique yet. My recent plants have not grown tall enough to really need it. But, do you think supercropping enhances the flower / production? My first couple of grows grew tall enough but I had no idea what it was let alone how to do it.
I really like the training and the plants are exceptional looking.

4 Likes

Looking healthy off to a great start!
Is the back pot blocking that vent from opening?

1 Like

You can have my beer but I love to eat. Damn that looks tasty.

2 Likes

@spankjr1 Came back and tried to provide a better answer, I think I have enough draft pulling in from the house thru the door opening at the bottom without forcing AC in thru the 4 inch.

I am going to take cardboard and adapt a 4 Inch Flange to connect hose to with Duct tape, as the front of AC has a Roll to. I have the dedicated AC to connect when and if needed. I will say the heat sink on the HLG 135 board is cool to touch with the fans positioned the way I do. I have the fan set manual to 10, Turbo Charge Mode. I think I am going to play with that to bring temp up a few.

Currently my Temps are reading 72F House, Top Closet 72F, Mid Probe 69F (Should I go wake up the wife?) Lower 72F. I think my temps are bordering on being too low. Skipping the 4 Hot Months on a 4/4/4 month Grow Cycle I may just be able to dedicate that AC to Use: B.

69 one of my Lifetime Favorite Numbers! :grin:

1 Like

I didn’t see that anybody addressed your 80 hours away. You won’t need to do anything special. Just give em a little water and use the lights on a timer. They won’t even miss you :wink:.

Your not watering those little guys to runoff in the five gallons are you? It will literally take a month to dry out. I have a plant that hasn’t been watered since dec. 18th because I flooded her five gallon pot when she was small. It’s healthy though…lol.

2 Likes

@Eagles009, nowhere near run off but I did put about 16 oz per plant. I had the fabric bags loaded in the garage inside brand new trash bags for a few weeks. The moisture within the dirt itself had the bags damp just from the sweat or moisture within the Happy Frog. I cant find my phone or I would take some pics, but seem to have taken the transplant without freaking me out looking at them.

I got the bag lift method down from last time, so to go manifold method and lift the bag freely I think I will save the nets for another grow at the end of year cycle. Might try a Photo for giggles. Never crashed a Photo Grow before and always up to the challenge of breaking something! Actually Crushing it…Got to think big to be successful. :beach_umbrella:

I am going 20/4 all the way.

1 Like

Good deal they don’t need it yet…for awhile. Shouldn’t need nutes for awhile either.

With manifold you control the cola spacing (net function) and you create strong branches so they hold themselves up (net function) I don’t think you would need it.

Photos are like steak to autos spam. Just my personal opinion. Do try one out if your inclined to do so.

2 Likes

@spankyjr1 I had the the reply name typo and bringing you back to a better reply above. Do you have anything in Grow mode? Have you done the @MeEasy Manifold with success?

1 Like

@Eagles009

I do hear some “auto” bashing or read between the lines might be better opinion from me. For Rookies like myself the 12/12 total darkness cycle seems somewhat intimidating as where as the autos go…I will classify the Autos as a Confidence Builder each grow and this is only my 2nd.

Shxt I killed a Yucca Cactus Recently! Not lying…Red Mites…sucked the chlorophyll out of it.

I am going to go for a photo. Got any Recommendations? I am looking for Stoned x100 and Buds, High Yield. Strain. Simple to Grow! LOL,

Got to find my phone…LOL

1 Like

Lol. A white widow I just harvested is knocking my socks off. Had zero issues in growth. Known as a hardy strain. Not a huge yielder but average for sure.

I was all about autos. Yeah this sounds easy. Then I grew a bunch and a bunch of photos. And the final product just doesn’t compare. So I’m running through my seed stock then done with them. The dark period isn’t scary. I got a 100 dollar tent. Checked it for light leaks. And just stay out during the 12 hours.

1 Like

Good morning @Work4iT Yes I have 4-1/2 plants @ 6 weeks from flip right now I’ll post a few pics when I get out to the shop 1 each of critical kush, critical kush clone from last grow, Cindy99 (that’s the 1/2 plant as I call it I screwed up with a flush and also is an auto that was supposed to be a photo), fruity pebbles, and skywalker og
I’m working my way through different and unique methods with LST bending twisting breaking manifolding all in one LOL kinda trial and error to see what works for me and my space. I like to be able to remove plants for watering and training so I can work standing up it’s too hard for me bending down my body is fxxxed up from years of working as a diesel mechanic I’m currently trying to soak up as much information about growing as I can to get better with each grow talk later brother :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Work4iT thanks I’m still learning myself I definitely don’t consider myself a pro.
I let the plants tell me what to do, i like to let them get their 6th node before I do anything and if one doesn’t look happy I leave it to perk up before cutting on it. Once at the 6th node I top down between 3 and 4 and clean everything off except the 2 3rd node branches. I keep the 1st and 3rd node on these 2 branches to have my 4 mains on each side. So when I’m tying them down I do it at the 2nd node of the branches because I don’t worry about damaging them I’ll be cutting them off later anyway. Once the 4 mains start growing I will tie 1 or 2 if they are trying to grow to close together. Your done with your manifold, it’s just letting it grow and trying to make the canopy flat. Sometimes you have to bend the taller mains to slow em down and let the others catch up but it’s just waiting until light change then flowers

2 Likes

Here are some pics of my grow

Skywalker og

fruity pebbles

cloned from last grow critical kush

critical kush

Hopefully, they will finish strong dropped seeds 120 days ago, potted in 4 gal 91 days, and switched to 12/12 42 days ago

3 Likes

Nice @spankyjr1 what’s bubblin in that 2nd pic? Going Gonzo with a Hydro? Love to hear how that is going. I am itching do do one of those.

Beautiful plants. Did you do any cloning or all from seed? Envious. Looking good, Brother!

1 Like

@spankyjr1. @Hellraiser, @beardless, @MeEasy and the board I have a question about Charcoal Filters
Once I get to flowering. The Exhaust fan provides 204 Cubic Ft of Circulation.

The Closet is 185 ft. I have a infinity charcoal, 9" that travels freely the vertical height of closet. When these plants start flowering, how long or how many days can I run the charcoal filter before a swap. I think my current filter is 10" long x approx 8".

My strategy is to suspend it right above the heat sink once I attach the filter. I did a test fit and ran it up and down the closet to check for travel.

I can add the 2nd filter in the attic, but with 2 each filter one on the suction and 1 on distro side will it choke out the fan and make it work too hard? If one filter will keep the stink down the better half will be very happy. Me…I just like to stay low…very low key.

6.5 ph no nutes, Distilled, approx 24 oz per / 5 gal fabric bag

2 Likes

Thanks, @Work4iT, the bubbling is the feed mix for the plants, I mix them in and let it aireate for about an hour while getting the plants out and looking them over I also do this when I water only to get air into the water.
You should only need one filter attached to the intake side of the fan for the smell and it should last you at least 4 grows in that space, you will need to wash the outer cover after each grow.
Yes all are from seed except the one marked clone which I took from my first grow this is my second grow and I started my third about a week ago
Happy growing my friend :smiley:

1 Like

You are doing a great job in that closet getting it all set up looking good.
Around here they say you need to add some calmag or epson salt to the water when using foxfarm soils as it is low in Cal and Mag especially when using RO or distilled water, I started using half way through this grow and it has helped best I can tell from last grow

1 Like

Are you talking about moving the filter up and down?

1 Like

@spankyjr1

Yes, the filter is mobile. Floor to ceiling. I am guessing keep it high up in the closet when they start smelling?

Yep, I got to try one of those Kush plants Photo. I bet you will get some good dry weight out of that one for sure.

The Distilled was just a grab off the shelf. I will use RO prolly the rest of the way.

I will put a 1/2 label splash of Cal MAG in the RO H20 and start the nutrients around 1 Feb.

Around here the Tap Water is FUBAR.

1 Like