2nd Grow Z-Kittles, Converted My Closet

5/18/2021 Update:

Chop and Hang at 5 AM today.
Gold Leaf Looks Beautiful and Wedding Cake is nice and Red also. Both ILGM auto. I am guessing somewhere around 4 oz of Dry weight, maybe a hair under? We will all find out soon.

Kids, Give these ILGM Wedding Cake a Grow. You will be more than happy! :grinning:

The Wedding Cake has two Huge Colas that will look beautiful after they cure. The Gold leaf has beautiful look to it also. Very happy overall with these last two plants I cut down today.

I almost scrapped these as trash. Glad I did not. Winter Grow starting around September will be 3 or 4 Wedding cake. I need to make sure I have enough air space for circulation if I go 4 bag (3 gal) in this closet.

I do not want to generate bud rot by things getting too sweaty in there. I think my 4ā€ Intake low to the floor and the exhaust exiting the ceiling I have good airflow in the Grow Chamber.

I am not too concerned with RH as I am following my regional Grow master @hellraiser. Without getting into pin point Geography, I think I live somewhere semi close as our Temps etc mirror each other.

I added @spankyjr1 @beardless on this post as a FYI. Thanks again to everybody for the input! Much appreciated.

Starting the Dry today/ The Grow/Dry Closet starting at 71F with 58 RH. Going to Monitor closely. I will be ready with a 5 Gal Bucket of Hot Water to wick a towel if needed to put some humidity in the closet.

Saturday past was the normal watering day, which I skipped. I put them in the dark for around 55 hours. Last watering was Wednesday Last week Wed 12 May. Today the Wedding Cake one of the lower transport branches collapsed due to lack of water / drying on the branch and the weight of the lower buds.

These two plants are a little more Dry at the cut/Chop than the plants on 30 March were.

These two plants both popped the dirt around 1 Feb. These were outside plants both spent a few weeks outside with a lot of shade when they started stinking up the house, got to keep Momma Happy, :smiley: as the Grow Chamber was full with initial plants in this Journal.

This goes to show how tough these plants are. Put these in the Grow Closet with the HLG 135 V2 blasting 160 watts at it for the remainder of the Grow time. Auto Flowers are just confidence Grow Builders. I want to try a Photoperiod 12/12, but I like the Fast Grow of these autos to keep me from Buying Smoke on the local Weed market.

The first set of plants went in the CVault 4 liter at 96 hr mark of dry time with burping for the next two weeks. Again, this set is a bit Dryer, so will watch closely to load them in the 2nd CVault that will be delivered in time to make the transition to cure.

5 Likes

I have the photo baking mix pack. Cookies, pie and cake. Hard to pick which one.

3 Likes

@beardless

I Love the Wedding Cakeā€™s huge buds. Beautiful looking Buds when they cure out. Very Pretty and good tasting smoke.

I am sure they will be Grown to perfection no matter what you decide.

BTW, Are you liking the CoCo as opposed to Dirt Growing?

Would love to hear your thoughts on Dirt vs CoCo.

For NewB like myself, Happy Frog Dirt will mask alot of Rookie mistakes, and with the time invested I like to go somewhat easier route as i still love to F stuff up.

My winter Grow I have to buy new PH additives and a better PH pen. Still somewhat of a mystery as to what is going on with the local water. WTF Crazy what has transpired in 5 months of now it seems like a math problem to get something solid read on the LCD.

If you go Wedding Cake and if there is a common theme amongst Grows (Auto vs photos), I would Scrog net them as the Buds are probably going to get Bonkers Huge.

1 Like

I am liking coco. Both of the purple kush are in coco. One is growing in a autopot and the other in one of the self irrigating planters I made. Red, the one is the autopot is massive. She has the largest trunk of any plant Iā€™ve grown. Blue, even though in coco and fed the same is much less robust. Still doing great but nowhere near the size.
I also like the purple haze that are in a peat mix. All are fed Jackā€™s 3-2-1 formula. They are growing very fast.

3 Likes

@beardless,

Are you spending more in Chemicals with the Jacks, CoCo etc.?

I really have to take time to read a GrowLog from start to finish and price out all the stuff as I read about it. I am going to have to look in to the Auto Pot too.

I am limiting my self operation to this interior closet, so I donā€™t have alot of grow footprint to work with. I live close to others and donā€™t want to get smelly around here.

This next Grow I am going to hang a new 4" charcoal filter and wait to kick that off Sep - Oct time frame.

It is going to be in that window as the stash will be dwindling. No Surprise to what is on my menu. Probably will have Diabetes by the time all this Cake and Candy I got to inhale is gone. :grinning:

I bought the 25 pound bags of A & B. I spent less on them than on 3-4 quartz of advance nutrients (I use 8 or 9 different ones each grow). Plus, I would need to increase my use (number of plants) 100X before I run out of it in my lifetime. Within a couple of grows I had to reorder some of the AN.
I ordered it from Esbenshades Garden Centers. Shipped immediately and $10 less than amazon even after shipping cost and picking up some blossom booster.
I have not done any comparative cost of coco,or peat to the fox farm products I used. I amended soil so much and have bags of it left over. Coco is straight forward when using Jacks. Wash and buffer to be safe and ready to go. I buy the bricks and they are easy to ship, rehydrate and handle on my end. Driveway, garden hose etc. Apparently coco can be easily reused a couple of times. I will see what happens when that time comes. Right now I have 8 new - 20L bricks of Canna Coco I think it was about $80-90.
I buy 2 cubic foot bags of Promix for less than $10. You do go through a lot of perlite.
Based on how these current plants look, and have grown, I will not be going back to traditional soil.

2 Likes

Congrats on a great harvest good job! :sunglasses:

1 Like

AN are real gems

1 Like

@Dennis62 hope this tag worked.

Started 1 Jan 2021.

2 each 5 Gal, 2 each 3 Gal, all auto 4 plants.

@OldManRagnarok Here you go. I was doing the same mistake as you are until my friends set me straight. Water to Run off!

2nd Grow Z-Kittles, Converted My Closet

Hey man I really appreciate your grow, those are some awesome colas, I am afraid to touch my plants other than topping once. I am interested in manifolds and other manipulations and am watching. I think you are using general hydroponics nutes? Are you using any other nutes? Hope you get some great buds from last two. :smile:

Dennis I am only using Fox Farm HF, the Trio and Cal Mag, nothing else.

The FF dirt I think has saved me from alot of self inflicted errors.

Those bottles of GH TRIO feed will go along way to keep costs down. I donā€™t want to get into spending more on everything to grow weed than buying it on the local black market. I am in your category, wearing old shoes with holes to buy seeds, LOL. Have to prioritize the important things. WEED first, thenā€¦

With these autos it is like lighting a fuse. The ILGM wedding cake took the manifold stress well. Going against the norm, and got lucky where as yield was OK close to 3 Oz dried and cured from the first 2 plants each cut down previously on this journal arond 30 March time frame.

These last 2 were outside in shade, outside, lots of cool nights, so not quite as good as the first two, but adds to the personal stash.

1 Like

Hey man, yep priorities lolā€¦ yeah, got ya on the fox farm, I have friends who use that. I am doing this organic Iā€™ve been using since 2nd grow, it works pretty good I guess, I am checking out other other options, one was the general hydroponics. There are so many different additives it makes my head spin, but like my momma told me if it ainā€™t broke donā€™t fix it lolā€¦ I started with photos, and I started adding autos cuz I thought they were quicker, but finding thatā€™s not the case, they always finish before my photos because of the veg period separating them. But yield not a sure thing with autos. I was wondering what you are doing next? You got something lined up?

1 Like

@Dennis62,

I think I am going to Grow / Attempt 3 each Wedding cake this fall, with a Mainline Manifold. I might be able to jam 4 bags (3 gal) but I think 3 will give me better air circulation. The Earlier 2021 grow proved to me that this ILGM WC strain can take the Abuse of HST with periodic manifold cuts.

I just weighed the last two plants I cut down on the 18th this AM and now at 63 RH and they both tipped the scales at a combined 209 Grams. Damn Near 7.5 OZ between the two plants. Still have close to 4 oz of cured smoke from Grow 1 so I think I can make it until a December Harvest. The Bigger buds I had to separate during the dry/cure as they were retaining more moisture and were not drying the same as the others. I do like the theory @spankyjr1 shared where I will go into the Cure portion a bit wet/moist as it is easier to air the moisture in the containers than to put moisture back in. Thanks again to @Hellraiser and @beardless, @MeEasy @Breezy for those tips they shared also in this thread.

5 Likes

Looks bomb dot come my guy!! Great job!!

1 Like

My C-vault overfloweth.
Nice. Well done
:champagne:

1 Like

Nice haul brother :sunglasses:
I have 2 plants hanging now 3 more need another week or 2

1 Like

Going back into Lurking in the shadows, with an occasional reply here and there.

To all my Buds in Redneck Locations, stay covert and stay low. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Nice harvest brother!

2 Likes