2nd Grow White Widow Auto - Single Plant

Here our longest day is 19 1/2 hours I think. Go up to Fairbanks and it’s down to only 1 1/2 hours between sunset and sunrise. The temps here are fairly mild, but starting not far north of here the winters are brutal. It’s not unusual for the UP to be colder than Anchorage.

1 Like

Yes i was there for 5 winters @ KI Sawyer AFB
74 to 79. If i never see snow again it would-be ok living in the tropics now i have retired

1 Like

Lots of people here seem to leave when they retire. I’m close to retiring, but I think I’ll stay. I prefer it to hot places to be honest.

If a person could have a place here and one in New Zealand, you would have the perfect situation.

2 Likes

Well bad news. Something came up that it was impossible to get to the plant to water it for two days and it’s a dead one. Normally not an issue but we’ve had extremely hot weather until now. Plants outside did fine, but the inside plant is a goner.

Oh well, I have two happy healthy plants outside, one hanging filled with buds and over 8 ounces cured and in jars, so I should make it just fine. LOL

I kept track of total costs including power and I’m into this about $900. White Widow as strong as what I managed to grow goes for around $300 to $350+ an ounce in shops. Assuming I have 4 more ounces hanging after it dries and cures, I got a return of $3,600. I’m plenty happy.

The WWA after curing is way stronger than expected, mild on the throat and has a mild earthy taste now. I do recommend it for ease of growing and the high.

I believe the difference in the plants between outside and inside under lights is the ground temperature. Warmer soil seems to me to be culprit.

3 Likes

Bummer dude, always haye to hear of lost plants.

I have grown 20 WWA between last year, this past grow and 2 more currently growing. You are absolutely correct, WWA smokes smooth and has a nice high.

My outdoor ground temp stays about 70-80°

I only grow outdoors, this is last of my WWA from my Match grow-

2 Likes

Wow, some nice fat bud there! Congrats!

Live and learn. This is the first hiccup I’ve had thanks to reading here. Without a greenhouse here, these Auto’s are my only real option outside.

The high THC content was a nice surprise. I expected something around 18% and comparing to other buds, I believe it’s closer to 25%. I’m glad I read all about curing. It sure improved over time in both taste and how pleasant the high is. I’ve decided going forward I’ll always let it cure for at least 3 months before packaging it for longer term storage. I have a friend or two that will be very happy when I drop off an ounce to them just because.

2 Likes

One of my outdoor plants has huge leaves and another from the same package of WWA seeds has narrower smaller leaves. It’s interesting to see how each plant is unique.

I’ve got another one started indoors, I’ll get some pics going when it’s time to top it.

I’m sticking to indoors from now on, they do so much better in this climate. I’m just to far north to do outdoors without a greenhouse. The nights are cold enough, even when we had the heatwave, that they just don’t do anywhere near as well as inside.

2 Likes

The plant with the giant leaves also produced this odd leaf and other leaves on it are pretty strange. I seem to have a mutant growing, but it’s got bud.

It’s also way taller than WWA’s are supposed to get. It’s growing like a Sativa and around five feet tall. Had to relocate it so it can’t be seen. Legal to grow here, but it can’t be visible to the public.

1 Like