OK, I never actually got a real journal going with my first, so I’m going to post one now for suggestions during my 2nd grow.
Results of the first:
First try I started with 3 plants in a 2’x3’ closet and during the vegetative phase it became clear that only two would fit, so one was moved outdoors. This time it’s all about growing a single plant since I now have plenty of bud drying almost ready to be cured.
Same 2’ x 3’ space created inside an existing closet in our junk room, lined with 97% reflective Mylar. Exhaust is a homemade contraption of 6 inch foil duct connected to a fan I had, that works great. Air intake is through a gap at the bottom of the door, with a small fan on the floor to move air around. Ain’t pretty but it all works well.
KingLED 1500 watt equivalent (260 watt) + 4 100 watt equivalent full spectrum CFL’s which seemed perfect last time and produced abundant vegetation and a surprisingly thick stalk with no stretching, so I stick with this combo.
Tap water used has a PH of 6.5 out of the faucet. Our water in this area is from a glacial runoff lake and tests better than nearly all bottled water.
For soil, even though it’s a sin, Miracle Grow potting soil that tests as a PH of 6.5 just as the label says, since it gave me terrific results last time with this auto flowering strain. Also even though it’s frowned on, last time I used FoxFarm nutrients, but only really during the flowering phase and the increase in bud growth the day after feeding vs. the lesser growth with plain water convinced me it’s OK as long as I used just half to a third of the normal amount. Last time I did have some sign of a calcium deficiency right at the end, just before harvest.
Seed sprouted June 12th. The images below are from today on June 22nd, so ten days.