2nd grow using I Love Growing Seeds!

Hi @Ocean711.

I would say they are just preflowers, plant letting you know she is ready!

Monitor and see if she progresses. I have some outside plants next to our kitchen window. I was worried they would flower too early so I keep a light on inside the window that shines on these plants. Once mid June hits I will move them or turn off the light. This will be the longest day of the year, so after that they can start budding if they choose without risk of a Reveg situation.

Are you in HI?

Aloha AAA,

No I’m growing in southern California till the end of the year😲
Helping out family! Is there anything I Should do ? Trim the flowers? Or will the light do the trick?
I’m shock they flowered sun is increasing every day but we have had freak storms last two weeks ! choke rain. Anyways anyhow thank you for ur insight!!!

Mahalo,
Keith

1 Like

Choke rain! You are Hawaiian. Kama’aina!

They might just be preflowers. I would not worry yet, but as a preventative you can add some light pollution.

I would not cut the buds off as I doubt they are flowering.

Mahalo AAA,
Thank you for taking the plunge and communicating to me your thoughts.
Another question?
Would you recommend auto flower seeds to grow? Thinking of pushing through some Girl Scout cookie extreme! I’m scared it won’t be potent enough? Or I’m I being a wuss ?

Again all communication has been awesome :clap: !
Hui,
Keith

Good taking to you Ocean. I’m always trying to learn all I can and forums have given me lots of alternate opinions which can be valuable.

I’m not the best person to ask about Autos.

I planted White Widow autos early this year and had poor results. It very well could have been I started them too early and the weather was not as favorable as it could have been.

Alternately I have a Blueberry auto that is doing great. Had my wife’s tomatoes and peas not have eclipsed it, she would probably be super impressive.

So, my take is that the ruderalis that is bred into an auto strain DOES compromise the base genetics. To what extent is the conundrum

When you say pushing through, are you angling for an early harvest? If so, I would say go for it, but start yesterday. Some autos can take a long time from what I’ve seen on here. My WW autos took 60-85 days, but others have talked about 120.

If you got the space, plant em!

Also, @bonnie1 is an auto grower, maybe she can give some insight.

AAA,
By pushing through, I mean planting 6 ea auto flower before my November crop is ready.
Stay within the law!

But my concern is it wouldn’t be potent enough,
I’m from Hawaii nai ! we smoke!

But I will shoot a shout out 2 Bonnie, thank u for the introduction.

Aloha,
Ocean 711

1 Like

My guess is that at least half of them would mature in 75-90 days.