2nd grow. One of the seedling is drooping. help please

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing fine. So i started my 2nd grow On april 1, 2019. So its been around 2 weeks since seed. 2 of them are unknown strain and two are jack herrer autos. Temps are constantly around 30c. And humidity is about 45%. I was running a 50watt white light COB. But last night i fired up another 50watt warm light COB and forgot to leave the closet door open and my temperature spiked to 32c and in the morning One of my jack herer was drooping really bad. I check on it last night it was fine before switching another night. but in the morning it was limp. May be its heat or a change in light spectrum which caused stress. But wondering why other three seedlings are not effected. I didn’t even over watered it. Can you guys please have a look and guess whats going on ? What should i do next??

You should be fine. Just try not to let it happen too often

1 Like

You’re soil looks dry, pick up the cup if they feel light weight maybe give those babies a little bit of water. The drooper may have transpired more water due to the higher temps, than the others. If the cups have weight, there’s enough water, just give them time to repair after the heat spike. Good luck, have fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Jake_93

wHAT WAS THE SOIL THAT YOUR USING.
lOOK AT YOUR LEAVES. sEE HOE THE OUTER EDGE IS A LIGHTER GREEN THAN THE CENTER
What was the soil that you used ? Look at the outer edge of the leaf see how lighter green it is from the center. That’s a deficenciy which could mean that your soil is to hot for your seedlings

5 Likes

Thanks mr topgun. Yeah that might be the case. I gave her a little water . Lets see how it responds.

I am using my own organic soil mix which contains soil, compost, pearlite, coco coir and some worm poop. And by hot do you mean acidic ? If so how can i check and fix ?

By “hot,” I believe @garrigan62 was referring to the amount of fertilizers/nutrients that are in the soil. You could do a slurry test to check. They are too young to feed to runoff to measure runoff, but you want to test the TDS of the runoff or do a slurry test and find out how much you’re feeding them. Did the droopy gal perk up?

1 Like

Looks as if she’s drowning. The soil looks to be too wet . Just my opinion though. I hope she pulls thru !

Seedlings are pretty delicate. It’s best to use a very mild seedling specific soil in the beginning.
After they’re established, and transplanted, you can start adding more nutrient rich soil.

2 Likes