2nd grow kush fem

5 Likes

Be careful Chas. Been hearing lately that seeds should not be in water for more than 18 hours, then into wet paper towels. I only start mine on weekends so I can monitor.

2 Likes

Thanks Oz, the Kush seeds were a toss up I didn’t have much luck germinating them. I will take partial blame. The two new ones went right into dirt by passing the water and paper towel. The 4 bag seed came threw a friend of a friend 2nd day in soil for the new genetics

1 Like

Looks like I have ignition with the Mulica Gold! Hope the URUWHITE will pop later today! The other cup went out side. They were dudes for what ever reason GM and stay green stay lit :fire:

5 Likes

Mulica Gold is up and in her permanent home 5 gallon bag FFOF surrounds the starter blend soil she started out in. Good morning :smiley: stay green stay lit :fire:

4 Likes

Dropped a uruwhite bean in water last night 12 hours later this morning into Soil. Humidity chamber on heat mat with lightimage

4 Likes

You’re off to the races alright. Uruwhite & Mujica Gold, these are new to me, sound interesting.
How did you come across/settled on these strains?
Best of luck w them I know you’ll do fine.
Set to watch em grow :+1::popcorn::sushi::beer:

@Mote they both are from Latin American Countries indica dominate uruwhite 20-21% THC 55 days in flower.
Mujica Gold 45% Sativa 15-18% THC 50-55 days in flower. I believe they will grow well together. First two grows were Kush.

1 Like

Nice! Those could be some hot tamales for sure (nice thc specs) :yum:
I dont see why they wouldnt thrive together, that’s going to be a real fun grow my friend. That Mujica is just barely an indica dom. should be an interesting smoke.
I’ve found that strains w those ratios make for a really great smoke. not just for the obvious but also your thc preference, cloudy, cloudy amber etc.
You can really tweak them and have some fun results.
Are you planning on taking clones off of em, I’m all about clones these days :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes I plan to take clones, I try and grow high THC strains as it varies with grows and growers so as a noob I probable don’t reach those numbers or yields. But I should still wined up with some good smoke. I just moved so I am just starting my third grow now 2 months after my harvest. The clone in my second grow out performed the from seed plant that i grew with it

1 Like

Yeah, that right there is what I find very intriguing about the whole thing. That’s cool Man, I’m excited to see what ye bringeth forth w these new strains…funky! :wink:

2 Likes

Day 11, day 7 above ground for Mujica Gold MG
Day 4 second try to start a uruwhite bean, no go so far!
Questioning is it me? My ability to germinate is being questioned!

3 Likes

Probably not the best person to give advice on germinating, was 100% before this third grow but I digress.
What method/s are you using to germinate your seeds? Detailed answer would probably be best so that people can chime in.
Just out of curiosity, do you know what the strain’s lineage is for both?

2 Likes

@Mote uruwhite is named for the white strain of Fem seeds. Predominantly Indica Sativa hybrid aroma floral hint of lemon and wood. Effect physical mental relaxing THC 20-21% first seed dropped in water with Majica Gold in humidity chamber on heat mat in soil in a cup. MG popped, 2nd try 18 hours water then into humidity chamber on mat, mat only on at night. 4 days nothing the 3rd try now directly in dirt in grow tent with week old MG under 18-6 QB 120 light

1 Like

I might add I didn’t have a good track record with the original order which was Kush. Going to stop using that seed bank no names mentioned. Not ILGM

1 Like

How come the mat only at night, temps ok during the daytime? if your third try doesnt materialize try a 4th time (lol) but keep the mat on 24/7 & see if that helps. You got a temp/rh meter in the germination chamber? if so keep an eye on it if you try a 4th, if you dont have one get something to monitor the temps w, we know its humid enough in there.
You use the paper towel technique in conjunction w the soak etc?

I was having a hard time as well w some strains & did what you’re doing now & went right to dirt. It helped, I think? I did get it to germ but I also wonder about the viability of the previous seeds.
I just went back to germing w Rapid Rooters which failed me before (my fault probably) and I got some action goin on, same methodology as before so…moon & star alignments :thinking: :grin:

Hopefully this 3rd time around the block will prove productive :+1: :crossed_fingers:

@Mote good morning :sunny: I had the mat on the whole time first try, so tried to change it up the second try. Outside temps here 87*-73* F rh usually 75% or higher. I don’t have anything to check the humidity chamber have to pick something up for that. This third try it went direct to soil in 5 gal bag in the grow box with the MG that’s 8 days old. Temps 80*-73* lights out. If I get ignition with the uruwhite I hope it clones well! The company hasn’t acknowledged my loses between the Kush and now this…time to move on… thanks for the help stay green stay lit :fire:

1 Like

Good morning @Chasworks, it sounds like you’ve done everything right, temps are good even without the mat. Humidity chamber is really imo best suited/beneficial (not really the right words) for once they pop their heads out, then they really need that humidity to be up there.

How many seeds do you have left of the Uru? Lets see what happens w this third seed, I was in the same situation w my GDP seeds, went through 3 of 5, the last one took so I have 2 left but do have a clone off it.
Hopefully when yours gets bigger you can pluck some clones off her.
If you can definitely get yourself a couple of temp & humidity meters, they are invaluable.
Here is one you’ve seen here I’m sure, I have 2, cheap & does the trick.
Have a good week :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-Humidity-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Indicator/dp/B0013BKDO8/ref=sr_1_7?crid=C5T9ZQENYM2A&keywords=humidity+meter&qid=1573481414&sprefix=humidity%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-7

1 Like

Thanks I have to get a couple. I only have the one for the grow area.

That one that’s going is a Mujica Gold! I brought 5 received 2 free. Down 3 leaving 4… of the uruwhite I still have 6 of the Mulica Gold, new order different bank 3 Tangerine Dream 3 Liberty Haze 3 G13 Haze in transit. I planned to pull clones but the wasted seeds makes that even more important as the company I got them from aren’t trying to make good on them! @Mote
The pic is some of the Kush after 2 months cure, from my second grow. :fire:

2 Likes

Those are some beautiful buds my friend, quite hairy lol
Tangerine dream has intrigued me for a while, probably due to the name.
Since you set got some Uru seeds keep on dropping them till one takes then clone the heck out of it & see what sticks to the wall :grin: :spaghetti:
I hope your latest effort is rewarded w a nice & vigorous plant :v:

1 Like