2nd Grow Journal // Organic // 3 Blueberry Autos

I’ll stop touching it moving forward lol :joy: I just hate when it’s so congested. You physically couldn’t see a button on it and I thought they needed light :frowning:

1 Like

np hun, and as you said u can use it as an experiment. we all need to keep learning when it comes to growing plants, it appears to me that there is always room for gaining knowledge. and i consider myself still basically a rookie when it comes to this project.

1 Like

both of my parents were educators and i was brought up that you can learn anything from books. but then real life hit and i learned more in my first two service calls as an engineer than i did in all my “book” learning. nothing teaches like experience and the more experience that you get both bad and good increases your knowledge base. also, if you make no mistakes, you are probably not pushing the envelope enough to really gain all the knowledge you could.

1 Like

i was just looking at my gg1 and gg2 and had an epiphany. most of the bud growth is done at the end of flowering, what you are doing now is just setting a base line. as the flowering continues on you will lose more of your fan leaves as the plant uses them to build the buds. i think that is why the real good growers on here state to leave leaves on as they need them to help the plant finish out.

1 Like

No more touchy touchy moving forward for me lol

1 Like

Soooo I’m trying to mentally prepare for my next grow. I want to go from autos to photos… what do I need to know? Right now I just have my lights running at 18/6 when do you know to switch for photos? Any tips would help!

@LandShark @Ah-hee @monkman @repins12 @Hellraiser

My first question is how big of a space do you have for this? As for switching from veg to flower, it kinda depends on how big you can afford to let her get. I’ve seen it said a minimum of 4 weeks although 6-8 weeks seems to be the popular veg time before switching to flower.

There’s no way my 2x2x4 could accomplish this. I recently added a 4x4x7 so I can do photo’s and autos in the same tent.

1 Like

I won’t be using it for more then 2 to 3 plants… do I need to upgrade my tent? I have a 4x2x5 tent. I got 3 autos in it now

1 Like

Do I need a filter and fan for one tent to just be the one that’s my seed starter? Hmmm I need to figure out how to make this stuff happen lol

1 Like

I honestly don’t think that’s gonna work. I think the biggest problem will be vertical space. When you subtract the amount of head room space your lighting and filtration take up at the top and then the amount of heigth the container takes up that is pretty short.

1 Like

That’s kinda what I’m gonna do. Start them in the 2x2 and at some point move them to the 4x4. I feel I could do an auto and start a photo or two in the little tent.

1 Like

So you don’t think I can do photos in my tent at all? Not even if I just do 1 with it being 5 feet tall?

1 Like

I don’t wanna tell you that “you can’t”. If you’re determined to try be ready to lst the snot out of, top or fim, maybe even main line it. Here’s a pic of my “Mistake on the lake”. I thought I could do this photo in my 2x2. The tallest cola you see is right at 5’. That’s in a 7 gallon pot, on a pot elevator. It stretched into my light, I had to put it outside while I waited for the new setup to arrive. And it re-veged and now it’s back inside in 12/12 flower mode

3 Likes

Damn, well I just talked to hubby and he hinted he will get me a new set up for a push present lol. Really interested in this new line. Do you think a 5x5 will work?
https://www.highdrogro.com/product/hdg55-tent/

2 Likes

Yes, hubby is a good man, high five him for me! That will give you great flexibility. IMHO, plan ahead to keep your carbon filter and exhaust fan outside of the tent if at all possible so you can maximize head room.

1 Like

Are you able to do that? I thought the filter is intended for inside the tent?

1 Like

@Hellraiser I remember you recommending the AC infinity, or maybe I’m wrong. But if this is what you are running can you tell me what size you recommend for a 5x5 tent and what size carbon filter to go with it? Looking to upgrade my space and I don’t want to mess anything up :pray:t3:

1 Like

You can use the filter as either a push or a pull. I’m running an AC Infinity T6 on my 4x4, I would look at that or better yet an S8 or T8. The fan ducting will determine what size filter, either 6" or 8".

2 Likes

What do you think about. 3x5 tent I just looked into a 5x5 and the lights I run are going to cost me an extra 1k

1 Like

3x5 or 4x4, price everything out and see what works best for you. Just make sure that it’s tall enough.

1 Like