2nd Grow Journal // Organic // 3 Blueberry Autos

Those are my plant goals too!! Let’s pray to the plant gods :pray:t3:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure mine are already starting to do that!

1 Like

Snapped some professional photos of the girls today, all started at the same time but looks like I’ll be harvesting them a week apart.

4 Likes

wow, pic a pic and put it in the Bud of the Month contest. you might win 5 seeds. couple of the pics look like contenders.

2 Likes

Where do I find that contest at?

1 Like

where your journal is at is forum/beginner/grow journals.

bud of months is at forum/members lounge/bud of month

you can only join if the seeds come from ILGM. you put your order number and strain. and you post one pic of one bud.

i just looked and yours is as good as any there yet!

1 Like

So bummed I can’t enter, I get my seeds from Seedsman and not on here due to wanting a variety and they don’t cost an arm and a leg :frowning: I don’t think I can submit my photos. I’m so sad :frowning: I really think these girls are :fire:

1 Like

if you don’t get your seeds from here then you can’t join the contest, they do it to reward their customers and that makes sense to me. but, i can’t imagine seedsman has a much better deal than ILGM’s buy 10 get 10 for free. i have only bought seeds from here because i trust the genetics and if you get the 10+10 they cost 7 or 8 bucks a piece. the problem with that is then you have 20 seeds of one variety. the good thing about the 10+10 is that every holiday they have different seeds on sale, typically once a month they have different strains on sale. other than the sales the only ones they have are white widow, super skunk, silver haze on the 10+10 so the only time i shop for seeds is when they have other varieties on sale.

2 Likes

I’ve only bought from Seedsman, I found them before I started on the forum so that’s why I went through them. They always have great deals and you can buy in 1-3-5-10-20 quantity. I just ordered a whole bunch of seeds buy 5 get 5 free from them. I picked up Franco’s lemon cheese, gelato og, norther lights and received the following free that I picked out tuna god, white widow and some extra norther lights (my grandma loves northern lights lol) but it’s nice because I buy 5 get 5 so I can change it up and I don’t spend a crazy amount and the 5 free you can pick different strains. I like growing different stuff to see how it looks. I would get bored with 20 of the same plants :frowning:

3 Likes

Does anyone else harvest when mostly cloudy? Super blurry picture but all cloudy milky trichomes just a couple amber… last harvest I waited 50/50 but I’ve read mixed reviews of when to really chop
@LandShark @Hellraiser @Ah-hee @repins12 @monkman @repins12 @LandShark @BigHuff2316

4 Likes

Im pretty sure its A preference thing. I harvested mine when there was about 5-10% amber. Its a slower process than i first thought. What I have come to understand now is this, cloudy trichomes are mature or ripe, amber trichomes are starting to degrade, therefore the more amber you have, the more degrading trichomes you have, but you wanna make sure ALL of them are cloudy and there are no clear and in doing that some are bound to turn amber. That is from a book I bought, I have only harvested one time so someone else might have more to say, but thats the info I followed.

2 Likes

I’ve read the same thing. But then I’ve been told to have half and half on the buds and then chop. But a lot of sites online show when everything is cloudy and milky that’s the best time. My largest buds and smallest buds are all milky so I’m assuming I can probably start the harvest on this one, just going to await a couple more responses lol

1 Like

Good idea. I know for a fact in a commercial setting they don’t wait for that kinda amber. As soon as everything’s cloudy they cut. But others have WAY more experience. You can also harvest in sections and see if you like a certain way better. Taking some now, and the rest later.

1 Like

Yes! I tend to prefer mostly cloudy, a little bit of amber is okay. I’m sure you know that the more amber you have the more of a “narcotic” couch lock kind of high you’ll get. I think I also read that amber is actually the degradation of the thc and the trichome.

3 Likes

Based on the photo I posted would you personally harvest? Think it might be time for this girl too!

3 Likes

Me personally, yes. I think that the trichomes will continue to mature some after the chop. @monkman, Am I correct?

4 Likes

I’m just doing it, fuck it lol :joy:

3 Likes

Thats the spirit, there’s plenty of time to wait on the next grow.

2 Likes

looks like i’m too late to effect anything. from what i’ve read i go to 10% amber and chop. because i grow multiple plants each grow i have experimented with letting go longer. i let one go to 50% amber and it didn’t couch lock me but i may not be as susceptible to something like that. i think the reason to go to 10% is to make sure all the clear have at least got to cloudy. it is pretty hard to really see clear compared to cloudy so if you get the amber in there you can be pretty confident.

2 Likes

I had some amber peaking through, all white hairs were gone and red hairs were curled in. Went with my gut and just tried it out eeekkk I always stress myself out over deciding when to chop lol

2 Likes