2nd grow journal 11/1/2021 / starts 5/1/22

Gonna be outside girls = got some real sun today, also misting with rosemary and spearmint. Supposedly bugs dont like it.

Wish the weather would stay like this. 80 today, cant plant outside til end of may…when can weed plants go outside for good in michigan…

1 Like

I get 14 1/2 hours of light

1 Like

I dont see in the book how to make the sticky stuff where you dont waste the alcohol :thinking: i dont think im understanding this correctly @Caligurl. You have this right? I see the tincture recipe. But how do ya get it down to the sticky stuff you showed? This is liquid

And it doesnt say anything about freezing any of it ?

How do ya save the alcohol for next time

Without something like ThemSource, you just have to let the alcohol evaporate… maybe there is a home way of making something, let me research for you

2 Likes

@Caligurl thank you :blush: i appreciate it

I thought this was like the source

TT is would cost you more to save the alcohol than buying a new bottle… There is a way but it would be expensive, I have read that @Newt use a small vacuum pump to evap the alcohol faster and safer but don’t think he tries to save it… Maybe he will drop in and provide some insight.

3 Likes

Yes, you can speed up the evap but you still don’t recover it. In my calculation, I recovered the cost of the Source in about 8 batches… I’m on like batch 500 and still,plugging along with nomissue LOL

Blockquote

1 Like

I use the Source Turbo. It evaporates the alcohol, and captures it. And yes, it is clean and reusable, and I do reuse it.

2 Likes

Thank you @Newt @Caligurl @nmgeo ok well i guess ill be saving up for the source turbo. Ill use up the 200 proof i just got online with the Infuzium 420 for the tinctures. See how that turns out. Storms tomorrow, so that will be a good day to try out the machine.

1 Like

Or i should probably send this Infuzium back. :thinking: the source does all the same things but better right?

I only use the source to evaporate down the alcohol. It’s basically an alcohol recovery system. Infusion still has to take place but I just use a mason jar. First I decarb the week in the mason jar, freeze it until it’s icy cold (same with Everclear), strain that and the e liquid goes in the source.

I don’t infuse butter with dry weed anymore, I make the concentrate and then melt that into basically any recipe I want to now.

I found this and if you search for DIY alcohol recovery stills you’ll see more:

3 Likes

I do both. I use QWET extract for edibles. But I also do oil infusion with trim and/or bud for making Cannacaps and Sleep Meds - the sleep meds have become insanely popular among some of my friends, and they are begging for it. There really isn’t any reason that I couldn’t make them with QWET, but the decarb is different, and it would still need to go into coconut oil so that it can go into the capsules.

Speaking of alcohol extraction and reclamation, I am going to visit a friend tomorrow in a state that sells 190 proof Everclear, so I’ll pick up 4 handle jugs.

3 Likes

Oh thats great!! Im still waiting on a friend to pick me up some… i also have quite a few friends that need something for sleep and pain… Hopefully ill be able to figure it out soon lol… still very wet behind the old ears :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i really appreciate all your help @Caligurl @Newt @nmgeo lol i thought my gummies were great and delicious :yum: but others want more potent… lmao i say just eat more and enjoy :wink: :rofl: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Man there really are smart innovative people out there … ill show this to the hubby, see what he says. ( he can just about make anything :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: . Right now hes making a solar heating thing for the pool :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hang on to him TT dude’s like that are hard to find… Of course, you know that.
:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Update everybody got a sip of boogie brew & fish hydrolysate. Will finish brewing by tomorrow… all getting a good soaking tomorrow. The going outside tent got 5 good hours outside today. Now all back in bed lol, cant wait til they can stay outside for good… curious, do any of you just water with the garden hose ? No ph’ing, ?? Ive alway just watered the garden vegetables with it, never thought about the chlorine… never seemed to bother anything,. Curious about weed plant ?

1 Like

Have you had your water tested for chlorine or chloramine? Or do you have a city/municipal water report you can look up online? You may not have enough in your water for the plants to care.