2nd grow journal 11/1/2021 / starts 5/1/22

@Caligurl @JaneQP thought id chime in with you too also, what do you think about this clone?? Its a monster been revegging for a couple months i think… it looks like its flowering… am i just seeing things :thinking: :confused:

Well she’s definitely showing her sex to you. I have a reg doing it in my veg tent as well. I’m just letting it ride because she’s going outside this weekend anyway.

Was the clone taken from a mother that was flowering or pre-flowering?

From what I’ve read, to try and stop the flower and re-veg you have to increase the light schedule to at least 20 hours…

When you do that (re-veg) from what I read, you risk the chance of hermie’ing.

I’m moving mine outdoors this weekend and the length of daylight will be problematic.

Here’s a good article to read if it helps

@Janepq can probably help better and perhaps @Myfriendis410 or @Covertgrower

2 Likes

If you took the gog clone when the mother was in flower? The clone has the same hormonal make-up so yeah she maybe in flower already.

Here’s a link between @kaptain3d @Tylersays and @Newt
Goes into the discussion…

https://ilgmforum.com/t/silvaback203s-playground/77171/4054

1 Like

You are correct. A clone is always in the same state as the donor plant. If the plant is flowering, and you take a clone, that clone is in flower. If you just let it grow (and keep it under 12/12) you will get a small clone with (usually) a single bud.

Take that same clone, and put it under 18 hours of light and it will revert to a vegetative state.

This is the reason that it isn’t recommended to clone an auto flower - you’re just moving that part of the plant to a new root system, and it is still going to bloom at the same time as the donor.

4 Likes

And if re-vegging is the question… You can reveg any photo-period plant, whether it is a clone or not.

3 Likes

@Caligurl @nmgeo @Newt thank you guys. Yes she is a clone from pre flower mom, mom is harvested. She & all the others have been re vegging for at least 2 months, i cant remember…no one else is flowering. Lights have always be on 18 hours. They are all photos from ilgm. Question is , is she really flowering?? If yes lol. Should i just throw her in the flowering tent for the heck of it

1 Like

Sorry not much help here. I try to take clones from young ones in veg. Clones I take from older plants don’t thrive as well.

1 Like

Ya i wont ever do that again lol, it was a while back lol

1 Like

Rookie mistake :laughing: :rofl:

1 Like

I just put it in the flower tent. Oh well… see what happens :smirk:

2 Likes

Just like Newt told you it will flower just don’t expect a huge haul from her. :v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lol. I wont, i just think its so wierd. Its not an auto lol :laughing:

2 Likes

Well … i couldnt handle it lol !!! Ordered

4 Likes

So fun watching this part, these ladies got their button heads early or right on time :laughing:

Has she already lost the flowers, and then come back, or is she still trying to reveg? I have heard that some stubborn plants need 24 hours of light for 2-3 weeks to really get them started.

2 Likes

No lol she was already re vegging lol like i said theyve been vegging awile, they are all from flowering moms. Big mistake lol . Do & learn :laughing: :rofl:

2 Likes

That shop light must not be bright enough for her or something. Everyone else is still vegging tho… its just her

1 Like

Oooh, fun! Report back how that performs.

Also sorry about the missed tag - I probably went to click on it and got distracted. It’s been a week. :upside_down_face: glad they got you sorted

1 Like

@Caligurl @JaneQP @Graysin woohoooo look what just arrived!!! Gonna be fun!! I can make the gooey stuff now lol,

1 Like

3 Likes