Really weird…

@Caligurl do u know anyone that could help

1 Like

Maybe @AfgVet or @Graysin?

2 Likes

Blackthumbberry?

2 Likes

Do we know the recipe followed?

@TT if you can post the recipe here that you used (including any deviations you may have done) I can help out a lot better.

I have not needed lechitin to get my oil incorporated. It does make it easier but it’s not critical the way I think some people think it is. Something else is amiss, but without seeing the actual ingredients and ratios I can’t help out

3 Likes

I think this is it…

1 Like

BTB doesn’t get on here anymore…

1 Like

I don’t inherently see anything wrong with this recipe. All I can figure is that @TT must have added the oil, given it a stir and called it a day. I’ve made that mistake and while my gummies didn’t melt on me, they were unsightly, didn’t set right, and tasted terrible because all the infused oil separated out.

I don’t use lechitin (I said that before but maybe it bears repeating) so I don’t have a clue if that may be adversely affecting the recipe for some reason.

I do stir stir stir the whole time, and add the oil last - I stir the oil in thoroughly, if I can see it on the sides of the pan it’s not well-mixed enough.

If it’s melting, chances are not enough gelatin for the amount of liquid. I can’t think of anything in cherry juice that should behave differently than water or passion tea concentrate (that’s what I use). But that’s all I can think.

Edit to say: I would throw them all back in a pot and melt them back down, add another packet of bloomed gelatin (probably with 1/8 cup of water) and stir stir stir til it’s all melted down and reincorporated. Try setting them again.

3 Likes

Thanks @Graysin! Yeah, I don’t use lecithin either but I don’t use oil either… I just melt my concentrate right into the gelatin when it gets warm enough to melt it.

3 Likes

@Caligurl @Graysin thank you , thank you. Ya this is crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: out of six batches its gone really good except for getting the number of pieces correct and figuring out how much they are dosed… i stir. Stir, stir, non stop til i pour in my squirt bottle lol. I usually put my timer on to make sure im near or past the 10 minute mark. I use a double pot, so not to over heat. & yes when i squish my finger on them to feel, it tastes AWFUL . I will try to melt them all back down today. But from what ive been able to find , or not find online. Most say they cant be re molded. Ill give it a shot. Add bloom w/ 8th water. Thanks again guys, hate wasting the strongest stuff . That was it for the gooey stuff.

3 Likes

I would agree that they look like the mixture wasn’t stirred enough. I like using the immersion blender. I’ve found a good 35 second count with the blender works perfect. And I use oil and liquid sunflower lecithin

1 Like

That’s why I suggest the extra gelatin. Should give them the ability to set “fresh”.

For what it’s worth, I don’t use a double boiler. I rely on getting it to a sorta low and slow bubble to get the consistency I like - I cook on low-medium heat for something like 15 minutes (not because it’s necessary, but because I’m never organized when I get started so it goes somethin like “add jello, stir stir - oh shit, I need the citric acid - stir stir - ah crap where’s the potassium sorbate? Stir stir - which flavoring was I gonna use again? Stir stir stir…”. By the time I’m done it’s usually been 15-20 min).

Oh, i love immersion blenders. I use them to mix up my ceramic glaze experiments :joy::rofl: not sure I’d put mine in food product

2 Likes

Lol. I use the liquid sunflower lecithin too

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @Graysin you crack me up, since im soooo new . I have everything set out and ready ta go lol. I really did stir stir stir, no stopping, i use a wisk. Thats why im so :confused: confused :confused: maybe it wasnt hot enough, it did take awhile to get the sticky stuff unstuck and melted into it. That was in 1st in the warmed pot, then added the mixed infused oil w/ lecithin. Stir stir stir, til it looked mixed, then followed recipe… im gonna re warm it soon, gonna try it with the sousvide for an hour in a jar at 167°

1 Like

Ok its in the 167° water bath for an hour. See what happens.

Its topped with the 1/8 cold water & packet of gelatin.

Ps. I dont have the emulsion mixer yet. I really appreciate all you alls help tremendously. Not much on the internet at all… thank god for all of you. Fingers crossed this works. Cause if it doesnt, i dont know how to not do it again. Dont know what i did wrong lol

3 Likes

Ok @Graysin & @Caligurl its outta the bath and back in the molds, looks good like 1st time, see what happens after it sits 30 minutes. Fingers crossed

3 Likes

Update : all flowering clones coming out for organic bug spray, food n water.

5 blueberry photos & 1 blue dream

2 Likes

Question ? @JaneQP my 4 gallons of water starts at around 7 to 7.5 ph. I add the nirvana & fish hydrolysate ph goes down to 4.4 ph… is that just the fish stuff and ok to leave? Or do i need to bring it back up to 6.5ph… thought i heard you leave it after micro & fish stuff, but i cant remember today lmao :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: im losing it :joy: :rofl: :skull:

Maybe @nmgeo or @Aussie_autos or maybe it was @krismwright i cant remember lol :thinking: :person_shrugging: :sweat_smile:

Probably the amino acids. I wouldn’t think you would need the pH it if you’re in living soil and you know the microbials are kicking. They will automatically but for the pH for you but if you feel like they need a little help go ahead and pH it up to you won’t hurt anything

2 Likes