2nd grow in week 5 of veg, Afghan skunk and CBD shark

After my first grow went South at the very end I’m back at it trying again. Started from seed now in week 5. the first 2 weeks of veg I was watering them 2.5 gallons each RO water with cal mag and b-52. Was told I was giving them to much water (lucky I had the fabric pots) so I went down to 1 gallon each and now using cal mag b-52 sensi grow A&B and Armor si. When I watered them this morning the water was pH 6.40 and ppm 870. I had to leave for work so I couldn’t check the runoff but 12 hrs later when I got home the run off was reading pH 6.61 ppm 1850 for the CBD and 6.36 ppm 1780 for Afghan. So when I look now I have leafs that look bad and burnt. Did I just give them nut burn? Or is this something else? Posting pics of the bad leafs and the full plants. Thanks for any help or advice all suggestions recommendations are needed lol. Thanks again.

One more thing is it ok to give 1 watering a week of Molasses?

2 Likes

@dbrn32 I remember you from my first grow was wondering if you could help me with some lighting questions. Would these be enough for a 448 tent Horticulture Lighting Group 4X QB120 V2 Quantum Boards (3000K) and do they have to be assembled?

1 Like

Sounds like that would just be a 4 pack of boards, so would need driver and build materials and then to be assembled. Would be a decent veg light for a 4x4, but you would need quite a bit more to flower.

1 Like

@dbrn32 what would you suggest ? To light from seed to harvest?

1 Like

Two qb 260xl kits in r-spec.

1 Like

Looking at your pics above, what is the growing medium?

Ffof in 5 gallon fabric pots. Cheap lighting I want to get my lights upgraded. Going to look into your suggestion thank you.

1 Like

I think once the pots dry out give them a healthy watering ph’d only, make sure you get a few gallons of runoff. Check ph and ppm of last bit of runoff. Then you can probably go back to basic nutrients around 800ppm. Adding molasses shouldn’t hurt anything if you’re looking to do that.

1 Like

Thanks I really appreciate that info. So do you think 2.5 gallons each would give me enough runoff? And with the pH only watering should I use cal mag or the molasses since I use RO water or should I use tap water?

You can use ro water, but don’t add anything. You may need a little more than 2.5 gallons too.

1 Like

Ok so basically a flush with RO water so around 5 gallons each should be plenty. Thanks again for your help. I also need advice on a light for a bigger tent I’m setting up I have to get the size then I will check with you. Thanks again.

1 Like

Sounds good

1 Like

I ran 2 gallons of straight RO water through my girls and the runoff numbers are now CBD SHARK 630 ppm and pH 6.5 and the Afghan 530 ppm and pH 6.18. some of my leafs tips are curling down is this from the nutes being flushed out?

@dbrn32 lighting question I have a 224 tent just sitting would this light

work for that lil tent? And do you think it would be best to bloom the 2 girls I have going in the lil tent under that light or just add that light to my other cheap lights in the 447? Now I have them under this light and 2 other lights I picked up from swap market for $20 claim to be 1000 watts lol. I will post pics when I get home of the lights. But wanted to get something going in this small tent while I save up to get one of them good good lights you tell me about. Thanks.

If you want a mars light and plan to flower the 2x2 I would go with ts 1000. If it’s just for veg then the ts 600 would probably work.

1 Like

@dbrn32 I have these 3 lights in my 447

Would it be better to add the ts 1000 to the big tent with one or two the the lights already in the tent and move one of them to the small tent just for veg. And this is only till I can upgrade to some high level lights with a bigger tent.

1 Like

Probably about a wash either way.

1 Like

They might be 300w of light, not sure what spectrum exactly? 500w in heat and 200w in fan power? To be honest I highly doubt that light would pull anywhere near 1000w for the socket.

1 Like