2nd Grow in 40 years with "Kind" soil!

Well finally getting around to another grow😎
I’ve been reading up on the “kind” soil grows and it peaked my interest… @SilentHippie has a couple of great grows using this “kind” soil where all that is required is to keep ph around neutral…no nutrients !!!
So this grow will be 1 Gold Leaf in a grow space of about 42" x 40" x 63"
4" carbon exhaust …Quantum board 260 XW light…
Grow medium is “Kind” soil with “Promix BX” as a top layer following the instructions on the " Kind" soil web site…

So let’s get the show on the road !

ps…pics to follow…
@dbrn32 @MattyBear @Covertgrower @SmoknGranny @Myfriendis410 @Tylan @MAXHeadRoom @AnneBonny @Countryboyjvd1971

12 Likes

Best of luck with her, I’ll be tagging along.

2 Likes

Set to watching!

3 Likes

Having a little trouble loading pictures…Will get it sorted and hopefully get some up…:worried:

4 Likes

7 Likes

The last two grows I did in Promix; loved it. It’s a little lighter than coco and I think the HP held less water than coco too. I liked that because I move my plants around daily. Or did. Now I’m doing a hydro grow.

The sweet spot for me with PH was right at 6.0 FYI.

4 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Now just waiting for her to pop up :grin:
Keeping a steady temp is a little crazy now as we have had temps in the high 30s then the next day (like today) in the 80s. :confused:

2 Likes

Following!

2 Likes

This is the recommended pot from the “Kind” web site…

RootMaker RootTrapper II, Squat, 5 gal

1 Like

Good luck @Kcdaniels! If you have any questions just ask. I’m watching. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Watching - I’m intrigued.

Peace

2 Likes

Set to watching as well. Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

1-21 Just quick little update…my Gold Leaf is taking her time poking up soooo I just decided to drop a Super Skunk in water …just in case my little gold leaf gives me trouble .lol

3 Likes

1-24-19 update…
Well it’s been more than 5 days since planting a gold leaf seed with tail that soaked in distilled water for 3 days…in solo cups with 1/4 kind soil in the bottom then filled up with promix…lightly mist with 7.0 ph…light turned down all the way…height of light about 40" kept domes on except for 2 times a day I take them off for about 20 or so minutes…it looked like she tried to come up but then stopped…maybe to much light ??
Just planted a Super Skunk same as above…
@dbrn32 @MattyBear @Covertgrower @SmoknGranny @Myfriendis410 @Tylan @MAXHeadRoom @AnneBonny @Countryboyjvd1971 @SilentHippie ,
Pics to follow…

3 Likes

40" turned all the way down I would venture to lean more towards not enough than too much. @MattyBear what do you start seeds at with your 260 kit?

3 Likes

I usually start them in a different tent, but I would think 30” dimmed would be about right for seedlings

3 Likes

Ok thanks guys will drop the light down to about 30" …
My thinking was that the QB light is so intense that it might be too much light…

Trying to post pictures but my internet is sooo slow this morning…

3 Likes

It can be, but dimmed they are reduced quite a bit.

3 Likes